With its free education, Germany is the top destination for international students to study abroad. But do you know that the German government also offer fully-funded scholarships called DAAD?
Yes, DAAD scholarships are fully-funded scholarships for international students. Its offered by the German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst).
These scholarships are available for masters and PhD degree courses in Germany. It is offered at almost every university and institutions in Germany, including 365 higher-ranking education institutions.
Currently, there are over 200 open scholarships.
Scholarships are open for international students from almost every country. In most cases, foreign students must have obtained a first university degree.
Funding opportunities are generally available for 10 to 24 months, depending on the course and program. Classes start in October but you might have to take German language program.
No Tuition Fees and 850 Euros to 1200 Euros Stipend
Germany is famous for its tuition-free programs. With DAAD you’ll also get paid 850 Euros for masters and around 1200 Euros for PhD courses per month.
DAAD scholarships also cover travel allowance and health insurance. In addition to these allowances, you may be eligible to bring your family with you and further receive rent subsidies.
This stipend is a significant amount for international students, and in most cases, students save some money.
German Visa Application Help with DAAD
German visa applications are very strict, and many of the students are denied a visa for not showing enough financial resources to support their education in Germany.
If you have been offered a place with DAAD scholarships, then visa application is just a piece of a cake. An average international student spends around 700 Euros each month, and DAAD stipend easily covers that amount.
How To Apply for DAAD Scholarship
There are several DAAD scholarships open for international students. You can search for DAAD Scholarships in the DAAD database here.
Some accessible scholarships are listed below.
- DAAD-ACEH Scholarship of Excellence
- Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)
- DLR-DAAD Research Fellowship Programme
- DAAD-TEV-Master’s degree scholarships
- DAAD/MOST- Sandwich- Scholarship Programme
- DAAD-Short-term scholarships for master’s degree students
- Co-funded Research Grants – Short-Term Grants – DAAD
- CAS-DAAD-Programme / Joint Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Students of CAS
- Climate Research for Alumni and Postdocs in Africa
- Combined Study and Practice Stays for Engineers from Developing Countries (KOSPIE) with Indian IITs