Deakin University is one of the leading universities in Australia, and it also has a high global ranking. It is one of the most preferred universities by international studies to pursue various degrees. With four physical campuses and one virtual cloud-based campus, Deakin University offers a comfortable environment to all the students studying here.
Advanced teaching, a variety of award-winning courses, top-class facilities, flexible study options make Deakin an attractive place to study. Prospects to attend work placement programs mean you not only do you get a chance to study at Deakin, but you also get an opportunity to move ahead in your career.
If Deakin is your choice of university and you want to know more about it, then here are some reasons why you should study at Deakin University.
1. Several Campuses –
Deakin has five campuses where you can complete your courses.
- Melbourne Burwood Campus is where the highest number of students of this university study.
- Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is located in a beautiful rural location.
- Geelong Waterfront Campus is located at the seaside.
- Warrnambool Campus is close to the town and is surrounded by stunning beaches for surfing.
- Cloud Campus is for all the Deakin students that are enrolled in their online courses.
2. Practical Learning Opportunity from Industry Specialists –
Deakin is associated with various industries that advise them about the curriculum that is best suited for the industry in practice. Deakin then sets the course of the degree accordingly. This helps the students to clearly understand the work environment or the type of work they would have to take care of in the career field that they have chosen.
3. Workplace Internship for Real-Time Learning Experience –
Getting to train and learn by actually working in the industry that you have opted for your career is extremely beneficial.
- Helps the student to relate and amalgamate knowledge gained in your studies
- They can earn recognition towards your degree pursued
- The gap between theory and practice that students face is bridged
- Lets the students gain experience of the workplace and get habituated to the industry culture.
- Benefits them by helping them understand professional work practices
- Makes the students work-ready as their course is complete.
- The students of Deakin have the upper hand when they are looking for jobs.
4. Study Support –
There are senior students, advisors and various online tools that help the students to improve their English, studies, assignments, writing skills, research work, etc. There is a student website (accessible by current students of Deakin), which will guide you on how you can get help while studying in their university.
5. Flexible Study Options –
Deakin is quite flexible with their study patterns. It gives the students different options to complete their courses.
- You can study full-time or part-time. Students that take up three subjects for a trimester are considered full-timers, while those that take lesser subjects are part-timers.
- Intensive study lets a student complete a subject in a matter of a few days. Seminars, workshops and face-to-face discussions with peers help the students in completing the subjects easily.
- On-campus studies can be supplemented by resorting to Cloud Campus studies. You can even combine the two-part physical campus and part online.
- Students from other colleges can enrol for a specific subject at Deakin if their college isn’t offering that particular subject.
- Students that are interested in completing two degrees at a time also have the option to do so at Deakin.
6. Begin Your Course Anytime –
The ‘Start Anytime’ at Deakin lets you enrol with their university at any time of the year. ‘Start Anytime’ courses are to be completed online. The students can select when to give their assignments. Some courses offered are:
- Health and Social Development
- Business and Law
- Science, Engineering and Built Environment
7. Advanced Technology –
Deakin believes in moving with technology and thus has merged several innovative learning experiences for the students. Deakin Sync, Deakin Scout and Deakin Genie are all digital guides that assist the students in different ways.
Deakin University is one of the most welcoming universities in Australia that will help you get career ready.