Wellcome Sanger Institute of UK is now inviting undergraduate students from low and middle-income countries to participate in Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition 2020. The competition gives the winner an opportunity to experience the very amazing of genomic research.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is one of the leading centres of genomic discovery and understanding in the world. The institute is ambitious with the idea of collaborations across the globe to provide the foundation for further research and transformative healthcare innovations.
- Applicant must be from a low or middle-income country.
- The student must be studying an undergraduate degree at a University, Institute in a low, middle-income country at the time making the application.
- Participants need to demonstrate a fluent interest in research in the field of genomics.
- Students must have a good command of English.
- At the time of applying to be over 18 years.
- References from two academics are required to be submitted at the first stage.
- The submitted academic references should be from the university or institute in which the candidate is presently studying.
- Opportunity Focus Areas are writing, and Science is covering the following topics.
- Cancer, Ageing and Somatic Mutation
- Cellular Genetics
- Human Genetics
- Parasites and Microbes
- Applications made through the online application system will only be accepted.
- Candidates have to write an expression explaining their interest in the field of science and why they want to get admitted Sanger Institute.
- The competition winner of the Sanger Institute Prize will enjoy a three-month internship and get a chance to work with the research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute during 2020.
- The award also covers all travel, living and research expenses.
Entries should be made online by 5 pm UK GMT, December 6, 2019.