The Utrecht Excellence International Scholarships are now open for outstanding prospective students. These scholarships are available to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University.
Founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands, Utrecht University is one of Europe’s leading research universities. The University recognized internationally for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching.
These scholarships are available to pursue the master program.
These scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the University.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- Tuition fees
- Tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
Number of Scholarships
20-25 scholarships will be available, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools.
- To be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2018. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
Non-EU/EEA International Students are eligible for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
You will need to upload the following document:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class:
- an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
The application deadline is February 1 annually.