Photography is a jewel in the vast and versatile pool of arts, which is best known for its quality of conveying information which hardly a thousand words can. So if you stand one among the crowd of the people who consider themselves photographers. Here is a wonderful opportunity for you offered by the Education Abroad and International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS).
ISSS is providing you with a chance to prove yourself in the field of photography, by organizing an International Photo Contest. This competition is inviting eligible candidates to submit three photo entries for a chance to win prizes.
So, let’s get started! Don’t waste your precious time and participate in this contest as soon as possible. Wish you all the very best!!
Aspirants must meet all of the eligibility requirements below to participate:
- Both foreign students (outgoing) and international students and scholars (incoming) are considered eligible to participate in the photo contest.
- Current international student or scholar studying or working at CU Boulder.
- Each aspirant may submit up to three photos in the contest.
- The photograph entry should include a title and a brief description of how it considers cross-cultural experience or international education (maximum 100).
- Photos are not required to be taken at your venue (i.e. a student studying in Florence can travel to London for the weekend and submit a photo from that trip. An international student studying in Boulder may travel to New York and submit a photo from that location).
- Photos must be taken by you or by your camera under your supervision.
- Photos must meet the specifications listed below and be submitted in a digital format using this online photo contest entry form.
- Saved in JPEG format and no larger than 3 MB.
- Named as follows: Country, City, First Name Last Name, ‘Photo Title’ – Category (e.g. France, Paris, Jane Doe, ‘Eiffel Tower’ – Places).
- At least 1500 pixels on the shortest side or greater than 500 KB in size in jpg format.
- Photos containing nudity, alcohol or any illegal activities will not be accepted.
A judging committee will select the winners of the first, second and third place for a total of six awards from both foreigners and international students or scholars.
Application Deadline: All entries must be submitted no later than October 20, 2019.