In cooperation with the Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech), the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and the Government of Japan are inviting international applicants to take part in the United Nations Space Program Fellowships.
The program is established for providing help to non-space-faring nations join the community of space nations. It will provide extensive research opportunities in nano-satellite systems through the use of the nano-satellite development and testing facilities available at Kyutech.
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs provides universal access to all countries and all relevant international and regional organizations to all types of space-based information. The Government of Japan is a constitutional monarchy.
Why at Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech)? The institute provides students opportunities to achieve their individual aspirations and to become leaders in their chosen fields. Here candidates can learn from teachers and scholars who are experts in their own fields.
Application Deadline: 19 January 2020 (Sunday, 23:00 JST)
- University or Organization: Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: 144,000 JPY
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from developing countries or non-space-faring nations
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research in any field
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nation
- Be nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations (countries without an established substantial capability to develop space technology/launch space objects);
- Be duly nominated by their institutions;
- Applicants must be under 35 age at the time of application (Born on or after 2 April 1985)
- Should have the academic and professional background required by the specific fellowship program.
- Candidates seeking a Master’s degree are expected to have completed studies ending with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (4-year university degree) in engineering-related subjects. Candidates seeking a Doctorate degree are expected to have completed studies ending with a Master’s Degree or equivalent (5 years university degree) in engineering-related subjects.
- Degrees in different technological fields can be considered by the Doctor Commission; and
- Applicants must be able to make professional use of the experience gained in the fellowship program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before submitting the completed application documents through the online upload-form, you are demanded to complete the electronic registration form.
- Supporting Documents: The fully completed application form and other required documents except the referee report forms shall be submitted in electronic format (.doc or .pdf or.xls) at the Web address that is in the confirmation e-mail you will receive after registering above.
- The Referee report forms should be sent by email to the Post-graduate study on Nano-Satellite Technologies (PNST) (email@example.com) email address by the referees themselves by no later than 19 January 2020 (Sunday, 23:00 JST).
- Admission Requirements: To be considering for the program, applicants must have a bachelor and/or master’s degree (or equivalent) in the engineering-related subject.
- Language Requirements: Aspirants are required to have a good command of the English language (reading, writing, speaking, and listing).
- Each successful scholar will receive a grant under the Japanese government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) scholarship (Research Students) of approximately 144,000 JPY per month for the duration of their fellowship study (2 or 3 years) to cover housing, food, local transportation, and other expenses.
- Each candidate will be provided, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, an economy class air ticket between an international airport in the country of his/her nationality and Narita International Airport or Fukuoka International Airport.
- Fees for matriculation, tuition, and entrance examinations will be paid by Kyutech.