Get the opportunity to study in Ireland and apply for the MSc Merit-Based International Scholarships offered by UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School. The scholarships are open for all international students for the academic year 2020-2021.
The scholarships are offered to self-sponsored candidates, who have been offered a place in the full-time MSc program at UCD Smurf School in Ireland.
Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is the graduate business school of University College Dublin in Ireland. It is one of the leading business school and research centre. The institute recruits leading academics from across the world, creating diverse and stimulating teaching and research environment.
- Candidates must hold an offer of a place on an MSc program in the Smurfit School.
- Applicants must obtain a GMAT test result of 630 or more before submitting their scholarship application. Alternatively, candidates would have scored a minimum of 158 out of 170 GR Verbal Reasoning and 160 out of 170 GR Quantitative Reasoning. Test scores must be dated.
Fields of Study
The scholarships are available to pursue all the master’s degree program except for some courses:
Available Courses for scholarships:
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
- UCD Belfield Courses
Courses not eligible for scholarships:
- MSc in Biotechnology and Business,
- MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business
- MSc in International Law and Business
Benefits of the Program
The scholarships are covering 50% of the tuition fees.
English Language Requirement
The GMAT exam result is the primary selection criteria for the scholarship. Candidates must also have achieved a first-class honours degree (or equivalent) and, if applicable, obtained a minimum overall score of 7.0 in the IELTS test, a score of 100/120 in the TOEFL test (or equivalent).
In order to be eligible for the program, applicants can also submit a valid GRE. It will be used with a first-class honours degree (or equivalent), and if applicable, a minimum score in IELTS or TOEFL is required.
The scoring scale for the GRE is 130 to 170
The minimum GRE scores are as follows:
- Minimum Score of 158 out of 170 GRE Verbal Reasoning
- Minimum Score of 160 out of 170 GRE Quantitative Reasoning
To be considered for the scholarship program, applicants have to fill full the online application form (UCD Online Application) and attach their official GMAT or GRE test score report for the application.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To get admitted at the university, candidates must hold an offer of a place on an MSc program in the Smurfit School.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
The scholarship is open to self-sponsored candidates, who have been offered a place in the full-time MSc program.
Candidates should complete the application process for the program of their choice and complete the necessary entry requirements.
- Completed scholarship application form
- Copy of passport/ID
- Copies of transcripts/diplomas
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- The CV (Curriculum Vitae)
The candidate must meet the admission requirements of the university.
- All the applications that meet the required criteria will be sent to an academic panel for a decision.
- An overall final degree average grade of minimum 65% or minimum UCD GPA of 3.40/4.2 will be required (or equivalent), students please contact the UCD Smurfit Admissions Team for grade equivalencies.
For more information, contact:
Contact Email- [email protected] or
Phone +353 1 716 4321
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020
Frequently Asked Question
Question- What level of study are the scholarships available for?
Answer-Scholarships are available for a masters course.
Question- Is there an application fee?
Answer- There is NO application fee to apply for Scholarship.