Writing a career goal statement can be a great task for many persons. However, reading a few examples will help you write your career goal statement.
1. I will land a job as a Lead Graphic Designer in a large online media organization in the next five years. To achieve this, I will undertake a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and refine my skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat. I will also improve my soft skills and interpersonal skills.
2. To become a Firewall Security Engineer in the Federal Ministry of Budget and Planning in the next five years. To accomplish this, I will volunteer to work with the engineering department of the ministry to gain adequate experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and GCP, as well as improve on my analytical, technical, interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills.
3. To become a Biomedical Scientist in the next six years. To achieve this, I will undertake a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, and volunteer with local health facilities to gain professional expertise and hands-on experience. I will also work at becoming a corporate intellect.
4. I will pursue and complete a career change from Freelance Writer to a Virtual Assistant in the next three years. To make this happen, I will take multiple online courses on the services I intend to offer my clients, and improve my negotiation, organizational, and communication skills.
5. To become a Veterinary Researcher in the National Veterinary and Research Institute in the next eight years. To achieve this, I will pursue a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, improve on my research and scientific writing skills.
I will develop a winning formula for getting international grants, and increase my proficiency in MS Office applications. After that, I will work as an intern in the research unit of the institute.
6. To switch from clerk to Administrative Assistant position in AUN in 4 years. To achieve this, I will work at becoming detail-oriented and improve my organizational skills.
Read More: What Career is Best For Me?
I will also improve my proficiency in MS applications, and take some online classes on good calendar, travel, and email scheduling.
7. To become the Head Teacher of Victory Science School in the next four years. To accomplish this, I will work for a minimum of 7 years as the Student Dean, obtain a Postgraduate Diploma in Management, gain advanced administrative skills, and improve my eye for details, and improve my interpersonal and communication skills.
8. To become a Public Attorney in the next three years. To accomplish this, I need to complete my law externship, take an intern position at the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation, and join the State prosecution counsel during every court appearance.
I will also volunteer to defend those who can’t afford the services of a private attorney for a couple of years.
9. To become an HR Director at ABC in the next six years. To achieve this, I will become a certified HR practitioner, take a secretary role in the HR department of a financial institution for at least three years, and get a profound education on HRIS systems and laws.
10. Looking to become a highly skilled and creative Photographer in the next three years. To achieve this, I will become an apprentice for one of the leading Photographers in my neighbourhood. I will also read books on how to market my trade, and keep old customers for a very long time.
11. To become a Computer Engineering Technician in the next five years. To achieve this, I will work for three years in a software development company, get a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, and get advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
I will also develop strong analytical, communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
12. To become a Senior Marketing Officer at ABC in the next seven years. To achieve this, I will add an MBA degree to my marketing degree, develop proficient communication and persuasion skills, and become a Member of Certified International Marketers.
I will also improve my negotiation, budgeting and, technical writing skills.
13. To switch from an air hostess to a professional Airport Receptionist within the next twelve months. To achieve this, I will project a winning image of alertness.
I will further improve my organizational skills, learn multiple foreign languages, and improve my voice tone, and body language. I will also learn how to use industry-specific software and other MS Office applications.
14. To switch from a Sales Executive to an Admin Officer to an in the next three years. To achieve this, I will undertake postgraduate studies in Business administration, and complete a certificate course in Public Administration.
15. To become a TV presenter with one of the leading private TV station in the country. To achieve this, I will obtain a Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication, and at the same time, develop skills that are relevant to the roles of a Journalist.
16. To become a passionate Public Health Promoter who will provide public information on current and emerging global epidemic. To achieve this, I will get a Master’s in Global Public Health and develop personal scientific research writing skills.
17. To become Senior Project Manager in WHO in the next seven years. To achieve this, I will take a Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, gain an understanding of project development lifecycle best practices, and learn how to use project management tools, including MS Project and MS Office applications like Excel and Access.
18. To become an Entrepreneur who will appear on the Forbes list within ten years. To achieve this, I will obtain a Diploma Certificate from London Business School, and read the best books on entrepreneurship.
I will also learn how to develop and pitch winning business models that attract most venture capitalist.
19. To become a Police Officer with the Federal Police Force. To achieve this, I intend to obtain admission into the Police Academy and obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Criminology. I will also take gymnastic classes to develop my body for the physical training of the Police Academy.
20. To become a Christian Theologian. To achieve this, I will attend a prominent theological college and obtain a degree in Biblical Theology. I will also attend a Bible Training Institute, and take an assistant role, as a Pastor in one of the Churches in my street.
Career goals are like prophecies. However, they are signposts to what you intend to become in the future. Take your time to write it down.