For providing financial support to the talented students, Victoria University of Wellington is offering Tongarewa International Scholarships in New Zealand. The University provides these grants for the academic year 2020-2021.
Victoria University of Wellington
Victoria University of Wellington is well known for its programmes in law, the humanities, and some scientific disciplines. It has three campuses spread out over Wellington city and 40 research centres and institutes. It has been ranked 215th in the World’s Top 500 universities by the QS World University Rankings (2020).
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The international applicant students who are paying full international fees.
- Candidate must be entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
- You are not eligible for this scholarship if you completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school.
- Or completed a prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Communications & Media Studies
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The Scholarship is a partial fees scholarship.
- Up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 will be available to both undergraduate and postgraduate recipients, and up to 9 awards of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate recipients only.
- The Scholarship will be paid towards tuition fees once you are fully enrolled at the University.
- This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will be put towards your tuition fees for one year of study.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For taking advantages of this opportunity, candidates are required to take admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at Victoria University of Wellington. After taking admission, candidates can apply for the studentship.
Note: A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications will normally open one month before the closing date.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- A personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals and why you merit the Scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
- Full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type.
- An offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
- For an undergraduate degree, you are required to hold their high school degree certificate.
- For applying to the postgraduate degree, you are needed to hold their bachelor degree certificates.
- If English isn’t your first language, you will need to meet the English language requirements to study with us.
- You can also check other entry requirements of the University.
For studying in New Zealand, you will need a valid visa. You can apply for your visa before you accept your offer and pay your tuition fees. You can apply directly, or if you are using a recruitment agent, they will assist you with the visa application process.
Application Deadline: 31 May or 30 November
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or +64 463 5557