If you are looking for a student visa to study in Australia, then don’t get stressed. Australian Government is giving an opportunity to get involved in the Subclass 500 Student visa Program. It is a temporary visa to study for up to 5 years.
The opportunity is open for those skilled aspirants from all around the world who are so keen to study in Australia. The type of course and its length will determine the extent of stay. Primary school children who enrolled in years 1-4 can only be granted a student visa for a maximum of 2 years.
International applicants, who live in Australia or who live in outside of Australia, both are eligible to apply for this excellent opportunity.
- Through this opportunity, you can participate in an eligible course of study in Australia.
- You can travel in and out of Australia.
- And you can have the opportunity to work up to 40 hours every two weeks once your course starts.
To be considered for this visa program, you are needed to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be enrolled in the course of study in Australia
- You are required to hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories, for your stay in Australia.
- Must be six years or older.
- You need to prove you have a welfare arrangement if you are fewer than 18.
- If you are a school student (but not participating in a secondary school student exchange program), you must be aged six or older to apply for this visa.
- You are demanded to provide evidence of enrolment in the study with your student visa application.
- Candidates are required to be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- If any student is applying for more than one course in their student visa application, they are needed to include all CoE codes in the application form or their visa.
- You are recommended to provide evidence of your English language skills at the time you submit your visa application.
- To be eligible for this opportunity, you and your family members are required to maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia.
- You are needed to be a genuine temporary entrant and intend to return home after studying in Australia.
- Click here to get more information about the full eligibility criteria.
In this program, candidates can also include their family members while applying for the visa application. The family member should be your partner or partner’s dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.
How to Apply
Any eligible international candidate can apply for this opportunity through following these five steps:
- All aspirants who live in Outside of Australia, they need to apply for their visa at least six weeks before their course starts.
- International aspirants who live in Australia, they need to apply for their next visa.
Candidates are required to provide all these documents:
- Provide accurate information
- Identity documents
- Confirmation of enrolment, letters of support and acceptance forms
- Evidence you have enough money for your stay
- Proof you are exempt from paying a visa application charge (VAC):
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Genuine temporary entrant documents
- Student visa English language requirements
- Partner documents
- For every dependant 18 years old or younger who is applying with you, provide reports
- After gathering all the documents, students can apply for this visa online.
- The visa costs from AUD620 for the principal applicant unless they are exempt.
- After you apply for the visa, then you might ask for biometrics within 14 days. You will receive a letter and will also be able to see this request in your ImmiAccount.
- In some cases, students need to give health examinations before apply.
- Candidates need to stay lawful by holding a valid visa while their application is in under process.
- If you did not attach all your documents when you applied, attach them as soon as you can in ImmiAccount. You can attach a maximum of 60 documents.
- You will get the information about your visa application. You will get your visa grant number, the date your visa expires and your visa conditions.
- Keep a copy of the decision with you when in Australia.