Studying in Australia is an excellent opportunity to get some of the best higher education in the world. So go ahead and apply for the International Undergraduate Scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne in Australia.
Approximately 50 scholarships are available. The University offers these grants to those brightest candidates who will undertake the bachelor degree program at the university for session 2020-2021.
University of Melbourne
Australia’s second-oldest University, the University of Melbourne offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a wide range of subjects. It comprises ten separate academic units and is associated with numerous institutes and research centres. It is ranked 31st among the universities around the world by SCImago Institutions Rankings.
To be eligible for the scholarships, the applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia.
- The applicant must have received an offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne.
- The applicant needs to achieve excellence in their final year school results, such as:
- At least four A* grades in the GCE A Levels
- At least 97% in an approved Foundation program
- At least a score of 43 in the International Baccalaureate (IB)
- The applicant must not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program).
Level of Study
This scholarship is applicable for the undergraduate degree in all these fields:
- Architecture, building, planning and design
- Arts, humanities and social sciences
- Business and economics
- Information technology and computer science
- Music, visual and performing arts
- Veterinary, agricultural and food sciences
Benefits of the Programs
Up to 50 studentships are available worth up to a total value of $56,000. Each winning scholar will get either:
- $10,000 tuition fee deduction in the first year of an undergraduate degree,
- 50 per cent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
- 100 per cent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree
How to Apply for the Scholarship
If you want to take advantages of this program, then you are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the University of Melbourne. After taking enrollement, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. You can apply for the admission at the University within these simple steps:
Step 1: Choose courses
You can choose your undergraduate degree within more than 100 major fields of study giving you broad exposure to different ideas, approaches and ways of thinking across many disciplines.
Step 2: Check Eligibility and Fees
You need to meet the minimum eligibility requirements to apply for your undergraduate degrees such as subject prerequisites, English language requirements and Australian student visa conditions. As an international student, you are demanded to enrol at the university as a full-fee paying student.
Step 3: Apply for Melbourne
Based on your qualification, there are different ways to apply for the bachelor degree course as an international student. You can check these ways and apply at the University through the given link.
Entry Requirements of the University
For taking entrance at the University, you are needed to:
- You need to complete the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or an equivalent qualification.
- You must have to complete and achieve the required grades in each of the prerequisite subjects for the course and any prerequisite tests or interviews needed for the undergraduate course you’re applying for.
English Language Requirements
When you apply for an undergraduate degree, you will be required to meet the University’s English language requirements to be eligible for a place. You need to satisfy the requirements of one of these tests: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English and Cambridge English, Advanced/Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
Candidates are needed to accept the offer and enrol at Melbourne to receive you Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). With your CoE you can then apply for your student visa. With an Australian student visa, you can only take full-time study in a CRICOS-registered course.
- Official test scores
- Three letters of reference
- Resume/curriculum vitae,
- Transcripts or mark sheets
Contact email: [email protected]
Phone number: +61390355511
Frequently Asked Question
Question- What is the selection criteria of the applicants?
Answer- Candidates will be selected based on academic merit and ranked according to their results achieved in their final year of high school to determine the value of the scholarship.
Question- When will I know the outcome?
Answer- Successful candidates will be notified with 4 to 5 weeks after they have received a course offer.
Application Deadline: There is no application required. The applicant will be automatically considered for this award. The admission deadline is 31 May 2020.