Located in Kenthurst, New South Wales, Hills Grammar is one of the most prestigious schools in the area. It has gained considerable recognition for its idyllic environment that encourages students to explore their creative side and improve mental acuity. With schooling available for students from pre-kindergarten to Year 12, you have the opportunity to enroll your child in the school at any grade.
With a vibrant community, an excellent education model and exceptional facilities, Hills Grammar is a registered education provider on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This makes it the preferred school for many international students.
Scholarships offered by Hills Grammar
The school offers two kinds of scholarship programs which are open to students as well as non-students of the school. These are:
Academic Scholarship –
It is based on your academic performance. An applicant will first have to give a scholarship test and if shortlisted, will go through an interview. You must provide adequate proof, including certificates won at the state and national level at the time of the interview. The school principal determines the number of scholarships available each year. A scholarship usually covers the school fees only.
Strive for Excellence Scholarship –
These scholarships are offered to students entering years 7 to 11. It is intended for students who demonstrate exceptional skills or knowledge in any field of creativity, culture, social, technical, or sports. The scholarships are offered after careful scrutiny of your achievements and abilities.
Scholarships offered by the Australian Government or other Organizations
Aspiring students also have the opportunity to study at Hills Grammar School through scholarship programs offered by various organizations and communities that aim to promote education. Even the Australian government has certain scholarship programs to support national and international students financially.
There are several organizations in Australia as well as in India that offer different scholarship programs that can partially or entirely cover the education expenses of studying in Hills Grammar.
To find various scholarships, go through the Best Australian Scholarships for International Students
Guardians for International Students at Hills Grammar
Kindergarten to year 6 – The school policy dictates that students entering kindergarten till Year 6 must be living with their parents throughout the period of their enrolment.
Year 7-12 – Students are entering Year 7 to Year 12 can be staying with their parents or with a guardian. The guardian should either be a relative approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection or an ISA appointed guardian. Students have the option to stay at Homestay Accommodation arranged by the school
All international students living in a homestay or with a relative will be required to have an ISA approved guardian.
Requirements for International Students
International applicants must have the following:
1. Evidence of English proficiency – Parents, must pay and arrange for the English proficiency test. The school accepts test results from iSTART and AEAS. Enrolment applications for international students must include the English proficiency test to ensure that it is processed further.
2. Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) – All international students joining the school must have the Overseas Students Health Cover for the entire period of their enrolment. Student visas are also processed only if you have OSHC.
3. Necessary documents to prove the student’s age and academic qualifications – You should include all the required documents which prove the student’s age and qualifications. The documents must be translated into English. The student’s latest report card should also be translated into English if required.
- The online application form must be filled and submitted with the signature of both parents. All supporting documents must be included with the application form, including scholarship details. You will receive an email acknowledging the acceptance of the application. If required, the school may ask for additional documents.
- A pre-enrolment interview is conducted by the enrolment manager. If the interview is successful, you will receive the Letter of Offer for Enrolment.
- The scheduled fees must be paid, and all necessary documents must be signed and submitted. This will confirm your enrolment in the school, and you will receive the Confirmation of Enrolment along with the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare. This will include information about the start date of the session.
- The school will send information regarding the commencement of the session to the student or guardian.