To provide exciting opportunities for the high calibre aspirants from all around the world, Singapore Management University is awarding the Lee Kong Chian Scholarship to support their study in Singapore.
The University offers these grants to those skilled candidates who want to study any degree level course at SMU for the academic year 2020-2021. The scholarship is open for both Singaporeans and international students.
Singapore Management University offers undergraduate, graduate and PhD programmes in various subject areas. It has over 30 research institutes and centres of excellence. It has a 350-member faculty that includes industry experts and trainers.
- The applicant must be a full-time SMU first-year undergraduate student of any nationality.
- Candidates need to enrol in a single degree or double degree programme.
- Scholars in the double degree programme must take Business as one of the two degrees.
- Scholars enrolled in the single degree programme must take a second major.
- Applicants enrolled in the Business programme must take a second major offered by the SMU School of Accountancy/School of Economics/School of Information Systems/School of Law/School of Social Sciences, while scholars enrolled in Accountancy/Economics/Information Systems/Computer Science/Computing & Law/Social Sciences/Law degree programmes must take a second major offered by the SMU Lee Kong Chian School of Business.
- Candidates must have to demonstrate leadership and communications skills.
- Applicants are needed to substantial record of co-curricular activity and community-service involvement.
Level of Study:
The University offers this studentship for studying the following degree programs:
- Undergraduate: Accountancy, Business Management, Science, Economics, Information System, Computer Science, Law and Social Science.
- Postgraduate: Accountancy, Business, Science, Economics, Information System, Law.
- PhD: Various Fields
Benefits of the Program:
The university offers 50 scholarships each year. Each winning candidate will get the following benefits:
- Tuition fee waiver (after MOE tuition grant subsidy)
- S$5,000 annual living allowance
- S$1,800 one-time computer allowance upon enrolment
- Participation in development opportunities offered by the Centre for Scholars’ Development
- Scholarship is bond-free
- S$16,000 Global Opportunities grant to fund part or combination of the following:
- Overseas Student Exchange/ Summer Programme
- Overseas Study Trip organised by the Centre for Scholars’ Development
- Overseas Community Service Project
- Overseas Case Competitions and presentations at the conference
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this studentship, then you are needed to take admission in any of chosen program at Singapore Management University. After being enrolled, you will be automatically considered for this studentship. There is no separate scholarship application form.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
- For applying at the University, candidates are needed to hold their high school degree certificates.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of English language for admission consideration.
- Applicants are required to submit a personal scholarship essay.
- Recommendation letters by their tutor or principal
- Official test scores
- Three letters of reference
- Resume/curriculum vitae,
- Transcripts or mark sheets
Application Deadline: For the Academic Year 2020-21, applications opened on 16 October 2019 and will close on 19 March 2020, 11.59 pm.