Shanghai Government is now accepting applications for a fully-funded scholarship to combine academic excellence with innovation and develop international education in Shanghai.
The scholarship is open for high achieving international students to apply for the undergraduate, graduate or PhD program at East China Normal University in session 2020-2021.
Why Should you Study at the East China Normal University?
East China Normal University offers bachelor, masters and PhD degree coursework in various fields. It provides career opportunities for students from all over the glow in their chosen field. The university makes an inclusive and empowering space for candidates by nurturing their capacity for critical thought, creativity, and ethical action.
- International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and must be in good health.
- Applicants of a bachelor program should be at least 18 years of age and holding a completed high school diploma by September 1st 2020.
- Applicants of a master program degree should be at least 35 years of age and holding a completed by a bachelor’s degree September 1st 2020.
- Applicants of a doctoral program should be at least 18 years of age and holding a completed a master’s degree by September 1st 2020.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate program
- Bachelor program
- Master program
- Doctoral Program
Available Courses: Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
Schooling and duration are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s degree programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral degree programs: 3 to 4 years
Benefits of the Program
Each successful scholar will get these benefits:
- A tuition waiver
- Free on-campus accommodation
- Monthly Stipend: Bachelor: RMB 1100/ month; Master: RMB 1700/ month; PhD: RMB 2100/ month
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
- A tuition waiver
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for Overseas Students in China
Also Read: Why Study in China?
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants are required to follow the following procedure to start the application process:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you want to be enlisted in this educational program then you are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD degree coursework at East China Normal University.
Step 2: Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarship, candidates Submit the SGS online application through the given link. After submitting the online application, download the application form and take a print out of it. Aspirants are needed to sent two sets of hardcopy of application documents to the Admission Office at ICES SUFE.
Note: The applicant must arrive at the admissions office between 8 am to 5 pm on a workday to ask himself or ask someone else to drop by and submitting the documents.
- Candidates are required to hold their high school degree certificate.
- Applicants needed to complete completed a Diploma or an Advanced Diploma.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants, who don’t have English as their first language, need to have language proficiency: new HSK 5 level (scored at least 180).
You are required to provide the below documents:
- An original copy of the application form for the Shanghai government scholarship and an original copy of the application form for the degree program
- A copy of a bachelor’s or master’s diploma and degree certificate (for type A) / senior high school diploma (for type B) certified and translated (if the documents are neither in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- A copy of the final academic transcript is certified and translated by the authorized person (if the documents are not in English or Chinese).
- HSK certificate and a copy of the transcript.
- A personal statement is written in English or Chinese.
- One letter reference for Type B, written by a high school teacher) or two letters of reference for Type A, written by a professor or associate professor in English or Chinese.
- A copy of the remittance note for the application fee
- A copy of passport identity which must be valid beyond January 30th 2021.
- An applicant who has immigrated from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan to another country should also submit one copy of the certificate of naturalization, cancelling the formal household registration in China. And continuous residence in the current region for at least two years in the past four years. All the documents should be certified and translated by an authorized person if documents are nor in English or Chinese.
- Others (optional): Certificates recognizing awards, merits.
Global Education Center, ECNU
Undergraduate Program: Sun Xiaoqian (Irina) [email protected]
Master’s Program: Shuai Xuanyu (Natalia) [email protected]
Doctoral Program: Yin Ying [email protected]
Tel: +86-21-62238353 / 62232013
Add: Room 253, Physics Building, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai 200062, China
Application Deadline: March 30th, 2020
Frequently Asked Question
Question- Why should you apply for the Shanghai Government scholarship?
Answer-Shanghai is one of the largest cities in the world and ranks among the top 40 cities in the world for international students to study. It has been known for its development in recent times as it competes with other cities in the world which have been established since ages.
Question- What is the admission period of the university?
Answer-The application period for the self-funding student is Dec. 1st, 2019 — Jun.15th, 2020.