In order to encourage students to be well prepared for their new life in the UK, Royal Holloway, University of London is offering International Future Leaders scholarships. The studentships are available for the academic year 2020-2021.
The university offers 30 grants for those skilled candidates who will commence in the undergraduate degree program in any subject area offered by the university.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Royal Holloway, University of London runs a variety of academic degree programmes, including Single Honours and Joint Honours. It has six schools, 21 academic departments. It is ranked within the top 25% of universities in the UK for research rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- An applicant must be a new undergraduate student with international fee status with a minimum expected or final grades at GCE A-Level of ABB or equivalent and a strong scholarship statement.
- Candidates must demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, which will be accessed via your scholarship statement.
- Students also need to hold a current conditional or unconditional offer to study at Royal Holloway.
- Applicants must be registered as a new first-year student when applying for an undergraduate degree.
- Applicant must not receive more than one Royal Holloway scholarship unless it is stated explicitly in the terms and conditions that two specific awards can be held at the same time by the same person.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The studentship is open for pursuing the undergraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- International Management
- Computer science
- Arts & humanities
- Social sciences
Benefits of the Programs
- There are 30 studentships available to international students studying any subject.
- Successful applicants will receive a £4,000 fee reduction in their first year of study.
- Scholarships are awarded based on the information provided by the student.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Seekers can apply for this scholarship through following these simple steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Firstly, you are demanded to be enlisted as a full-time undergraduate degree student at Royal Holloway, University of London. For admission, you can use the UCAS online system, which can be done independently or through your school or college.
Step 2: Submit required documents
You are required to complete a scholarship statement of no more than 400 words as part of your application. You need to include in your statement:
- Your academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these matter to you?
- Why you have chosen to do the degree, you have applied for?
- How have you demonstrated outstanding leadership skills?
- What are your future aspirations and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals?
- You may need to send a transcript or certificate of your results to the Admissions Office.
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- High school degree certificate
- The university accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- A-level students are recommended to pass three subjects. Each course has different grade requirements. See what grades you need in our course finder.
- Candidates are required to take the IB Diploma.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over, but some meet the entry requirements aged 16 or 17.
English Language Requirements
If English isn’t your first language, then you will need to demonstrate your English language level through a recognized qualification.
If your language results are slightly below the required level, you may have the chance to attend a pre-seasonal English language course – so you won’t need to retake any exams or tests.
Read More: Exams for Studying in the UK
To study in the UK, then you are needed to apply for the student visa. Student visa applications work via a points-based system. If you score 40 points, you will be granted a visa. You can apply for the visa up to three months before the start date of your course at the International Study Centre.
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or +44 (0)1784 434 455
Application Deadline: Thursday 26 March 2020 at 11.59 pm GMT
Frequently Asked Question
Question-What will I do if I don’t meet the entry requirements of the university.
Answer-If you do not meet the direct entry requirements for an undergraduate degree, you can study an International Foundation Year at the Royal Holloway.
Question-When will I know the outcome of my application?
Answer-We will let you know the outcome of your application from 15 April 2020.