There are many aspiring writers and others devoted to crime writing who desire to write regarding their rights and interests. For them, here is a fabulous opportunity sponsored by the Mystery Writers of America with its First Crime Novel Competition to further a better appreciation and higher regard for crime writing.
MWA is committed to supporting higher regard for crime writing and honour for those who write within the genre. It supports those who have an interest in the crime-writing field or aspiring crime writers who love to read crime fiction.
The clock is ticking!! Participate as soon as possible.
To be eligible for this Novel Competition, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- The Competition is open to any writer, regardless of nationality, aged 18 or older, who has never been the author of any Published Novel.
- Employees and members of their immediate families living in the same household, of Minotaur Books or Mystery Writers of America, are not eligible to enter.
- Only one manuscript entry (the “Manuscript”) is permitted per writer.
Applicants must follow the requirements mentioned below:
- Manuscripts must be submitted as Microsoft Word documents or PDFs.
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced, with pages numbered consecutively from beginning to end. All manuscripts must be saved as “Manuscript Title_Entrant Name.”
- Each entrant should keep a copy of the Manuscript for his or her own protection.
- Submitted manuscriptsmust be original works of book length (no less than 220 typewritten pages or approximately 60,000 words) written in the English language.
- Must be written solely by the entrant, who may not be the author of any previously Published Novel.
- Must not violate any right of any third party or be libelous, and d) must generally follow the Guidelines below.
To apply for the competition you must follow the points given below:
- You must complete an online entry form and upload an electronic file of your Manuscript.
- The entry form will allow you to upload one electronic file.
- Only electronic submissions, uploaded through the online entry form, will be considered;
- Do not mail or e-mail manuscript submissions to Minotaur Books.
- If a winner is selected, Minotaur Books will offer to enter into its standard form author’s agreement with the entrant for publication of the winning Manuscript.
- After execution of the standard form author’s agreement by both parties, the winner will receive an advance against future royalties of $10,000.
Application Deadline: All submissions must be received by January 3, 2020.