Get the opportunity to study at Australia’s largest university through applying for the K.C. Kuok Scholarship for International Students administrated by Monash University. The university offers one scholarship per year.
The studentship is open only for those brightest students who have a desire to study the undergraduate degree program at Monash for the academic year 2020-2021. The grant will be awarded worth up to $280,000 over four years.
As a public research university, Monash University is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. It has several campuses, a research and teaching centre in Prato. Now, it is a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia’s eight leading research universities. The university is consistently ranked in the top 100 universities in the world.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be an International student.
- The candidate must be a citizen Southeast Asian country.
- Applicants are needed to apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia.
- Applicant must have not previously studied at Monash.
- Candidate must demonstrate that they come from a low-income household.
- The Scholarship will be awarded based on outstanding academic achievement and financial disadvantage.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 65.
- Applicant must maintain a full-time study load.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The university offers these grants for studying the undergraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Art, design & architecture
- Humanities & social sciences
- Information technology
- Medicine, nursing & health sciences
- Pharmacy & pharmaceutical sciences
Benefits of the Programs
The grant will be awarded worth up to $280,000 over four years, which cover:
- Tuition fees
- $10,000 allowance per year
- On-campus accommodation
- Student visa costs
- Two return flights home each year
- One scholarship is available each year
Why Choose Monash?
By choosing Monash, students can benefit from the extra choices that come with studying at Australia’s largest university. The university has more courses, more study options, more research projects, and more international exchanges, giving students a broader education.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For being a part of this educational program, aspirants are recommended to take affirmation in the undergraduate degree program at Monash University. For applying to the bachelor degree, seekers are required to submit the course application.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
Once you have registered yourself as an undergraduate degree student at Monash, you will be eligible to apply for the Scholarship. For this Scholarship, candidates are required to submit a separate Applications form.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- Students will be asked for the personal aspiration statement with no more than 750 words.
- Candidates are also required to submit the financial support statement (500 words) and interview performance.
- Candidates are needed to submit evidence of your family’s annual household income.
- The university also welcomes additional evidence of your financial disadvantage.
- To be considered for a course at Monash University, candidates must meet the minimum entry requirements.
- Applicants must have satisfactory completion of final year secondary school, or equivalent, including English.
- Candidates are needed to the satisfactory completion of the International Baccalaureate (I.B.), including English.
- If English isn’t your first language, you will need to meet the English language requirements to study with us.
The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements. The Department of Home Affairs (H.A.) is responsible for issuing visas for entry to Australia. Students who are planning to study a CRICOS registered course are required to obtain a student visa.
Application Deadline: June 28, 2020
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or +61 3 9905 4000
Frequently Asked Question
Question- What level of study are the scholarships available for?
Answer-Scholarships are available for an undergraduate course.
Question- Is there an application fee?
Answer- There is NO application fee to apply for Scholarship.