The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research – Kurdistan Regional Government is proud to announce the availability of 20 Kurd Undergraduate Scholarships. These scholarships are exclusively open for international students.
The aim of the scholarships is to enhance the study of the Kurdish language, literature, and culture.
The Kurdistan Regional Government is the official ruling body of the predominantly Kurdish region of Northern Iraq referred to as Iraqi Kurdistan or Southern Kurdistan.
These scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate program.
These scholarships are awarded in the Kurdish language, literature, and culture at selected universities.
The scholarships will cover the followings:
- Airport transfer to the host university upon initial arrival.
- 600 USD monthly stipend toward living costs for the duration of the study period including the
- foundation year.
- Free dormitory room in the host university.
- 1500 USD toward annual flight expenses for citizens of the USA and Australia, 1000 USD for all
- other citizens.
- Payment of visa and residential fees.
- Annual medical insurance of 500 USD for medical treatment in the Kurdistan Region only.
- Medical insurance does not cover treatment outside the Kurdistan Region. Scholarship recipients may select the insurance company.
International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Number of Scholarships
20 places are offered for the academic year 2018-2019.
Scholarship can be taken in
The applicant will be hosted in one of the following public universities: Salahaddin University – Erbil, Sulaimani University, University of Duhok, Soran University, Koya University.
- The applicant has to have a minimum high school (preparatory) diploma or its equivalent, such as a national baccalaureate. A-level or SAT1/SAT2
- For non-native speakers, a 4.5 IELTS or its equivalent in an English proficiency exam is required.
- The applicant has to submit two recommendation letters written by authorized officials from his/her academic institution or place of work.
- The applicant has to submit a certified copy of his/her degree and transcript
English Language Requirements
For non-native speakers, a 4.5 IELTS or its equivalent in an English proficiency exam is required.
International students can apply by sending their documents to the following email address no later than August 1st, 2018: kurdish.studies-at-mhe-krg.org
The application deadline is August 1, 2018.