This is a wonderful opportunity for students, scholars, researchers and doctors to pursue their studies successfully in undergraduate, master, PhD and post-doctoral degree level with a special focus on “Sustainability Science.
Since 1983, the Islamic Development Bank in Saudi Arabia is working in to foster innovation and learning sharing between part countries and Muslim people.
Place of Study
The IsDB Scholarship Programs is available for citizens from IsDB member countries and Muslim communities worldwide are as follows:
- Undergraduate Program Master’s Program
- PhD Program and Post-doctoral Research Program
- IsDB-ISFD for Vocational Education & Training (VET)
- Bachelor studies for the IsDB 21 Least Developed Member Countries (LDMCs)
Fields of Study
Successfully eligible students can apply to study with following the following areas:
Sustainable Agriculture, Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy Sustainable Cities, Responsible Growth, Waste Management, Population Growth, Education, Green Chemistry, Innovation Biodiversity, Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics, Water and Hygiene, Health, ICT for Development & Infrastructure Development, Islamic Economics, Finance and Banking, Development-related Social Sciences.
The program is open to academically high achieving candidates and mid-career professionals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates must hold their previous degree according to the program.
- Citizens of any IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Candidate must be a graduate with a grade above “Good” in bachelor studies.
- Applicant must not have in received of any other scholarship
- The applicant also should be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
- Applicant must have to receive an admission offer from the host universities.
Benefits of the Program
The program covers the following things:
- Monthly stipend with the cost of living in the country of study.
- Tuition fees, if any, subject are approval to IsDB’s.
- Medical treatment cost in university/government hospital
- The economy class paid air tickets once in joining and completion of studies and installation and equipment allowance for students selected to study abroad at partner universities/countries.
- Thesis preparation allowance for master and PhD students.
- Scientific papers’ preparation allowance PhD and Post-doctoral candidates.
IsDB also provides extra-curricular activities under a special program “Curriculum, Guidance and Counseling Program” to enhance academic progress at the university as well as with the local community environment.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, eligible candidates need to submit their applications online through the Scholarship Application Platform.
- Completed scholarship application form
- Copy of passport/ID
- Copies of transcripts/diplomas
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- The CV (Curriculum Vitae)
February 28th, 2020