Don’t miss out the opportunity to further your studies in Canada! The University of Manitoba is awarding International Undergraduate Student Bursary. The studentship is open for the academic year 2020-2021.
The University is welcoming those eligible aspirants who have an excellent academic standing and demonstrate financial need. The scholarship is available to study the undergraduate degree coursework at the University.
University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a public research university. It is the largest university both by total student enrollment and campus area in the province of Manitoba. It has 27 academic departments found throughout the Bannatyne campus. It is consistently ranked among the top in the Canadian Universities.
For being a part of this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The program is open to international students.
- Candidate must have good academic standing.
- The candidate must be registered in both the fall and winter terms.
- Candidate must demonstrate financial need.
- Students must register for and complete at least 60 per cent of a full course load per term.
- Students must meet minimum G.P.A. requirements. Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0. New students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the undergraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Humanities and Sociology
- Law and Politics
- Arts and Sciences
- Agricultural and Life Sciences
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Each winning candidate will get the amount worth up to $240,000 available annually.
- The award will be divided among eligible candidates according to their needs.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you have an urge towards this studentship, then you are recommended to be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate degree student at the University of Manitoba. After being enlisted at the University, seekers will be automatically considered for the studentship.
For admission, candidates need to follow these steps:
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- For an undergraduate degree, you are required to hold their high school degree certificate.
- If you are applying directly from a high school outside of Canada, you must demonstrate English language proficiency and meet the general entrance requirement based on the country/curriculum where you studied.
- Applicant must meet the general entrance requirement based on the country/curriculum of study; the elements can be found below by clicking the regions or Common International Curricula which include the International Baccalaureate (I.B.) and the British patterned Education (G.C.E.).
As an international student, you will need to have specific permits and visas to study in Canada. You can do it at the nearest Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. You can apply for your permit as soon as you receive your Offer of Admission from the University of Manitoba and decide to accept it.
Application deadline: For fall admission August 1, 2020, and for winter admission, December 1, 2020.
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or (204) 474-8808 F
Postal address: 66 Chancellors Cir, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2, Canada
Frequently Asked Question
Question- How do I check the status of my application?
Answer- You can check your application status at any time by logging into your application portal here.
Question- How do I submit documents?
Answer- You can upload documents directly into your application portal during your initial application or, once the application is submitted, please email documents to [email protected]
Question- How do I contact Admissions?
Answer- The Undergraduate Admissions office is closed to the public, and in-person visits but staff are available by phone (+1 204-474-8808, or toll-free in North America: 1-800-0432-1960, ext. 8808) or email ([email protected]).
Question- Can I still apply for fall 2020 admission?
Answer- Yes, depending on the program to which you wish to apply, you can apply.