Brilliant aspirants from all over the globe are invited to apply for Heinrich Boll Scholarships for International Students in Germany. Approximately 1,200 studentships are open for the academic year 2020-2021.
Administrated by the Heinrich Böll Foundation, the program is open for studying the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree coursework at any recognised university in Germany.
Heinrich Böll Foundation
The Heinrich Ball Foundation promotes students who are studying and graduating and who have a positive attitude towards the goals of the Green Project, sharing the fundamental ideals of the Heinrich Ball Foundation – democracy, ecology, solidarity and non-violence and those who take an active socio-political role.
International students, both EU and non-EU are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
Overseas Master Students who received their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- Candidates can apply before starting their master’s program or at any time by the end of the first semester of the master’s program.
- Proof of first professional the qualification must be provided
Overseas Doctoral Students who received their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- The scholars must be accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognised university in Germany. As a rule in Germany, proof of entry must be included with the application.
- By the date of the preparatory work has been completed, and a valid timetable must be submitted for completion.
- Priority will be given to PhD subjects related to the focal point of the Foundation’s activities.
Fields of Study
- The scholarships are towards a Masters Degree or PhD Degree in all subjects offered at state or state-recognised universities in Germany.
- For EU students, Master’s Degree courses at the state or state-recognised universities in Germany, Switzerland, and others.
Benefits of the Program
- For Non-EU students: €850 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees
- For EU students: Awards varies €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees possible to a limited extent in other countries.
- Scholarships are awarded for a regular period of study, may be extended by one semester.
- For Non-EU students: €1,200 per month, €100 mobility allowance per month, various individual allowances;
- For EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship, €100 per month research costs allowance;
- Tuition fees are not possible in Germany but to a limited extent in other countries.
- The scholarship is awarded for two years, as a rule, may be extended up to a maximum of twice a half year.
- The applicants need to have written proof of German language proficiency.
- Minimum requirement: “German language examination for university entrance” DSH 2 or Level B2
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates are needed to take admission in one of the recognized universities in Germany.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents.
- Register for the online application portal.
- Candidates are required to provide the requested information in the online application portal.
- After uploading all your documents, applicants need to submit your application before the last date of application.
Applicants are required to enter the following data online into the pdf form.
- Personal data and CV
- The motivation for are applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- An overview of your motivation to study your chosen subject and your core areas of interest.
- An overview of your social commitments and political interests.
- If you have already started your studies, then a list of study certificates
- Certified copy of your first-degree certificate
Study work of the Heinrich Böll Foundation
Contact: +49 – 30 – 28 534 – 400
office hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 1 March (annual)