Brunei Darussalam Government is offering you a chance to pay for college and school expenses with its fully-funded scholarships. The scholarship is being provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to international students to study diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in Brunei.
The scholarships are available in various disciplines in four prestigious universities of Brunei. The academic year starts on July-August 2020.
All the best!!
Place of Study
Programs offered and entry qualifications are available from the following:
- International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applications for the programs are open to, but not limited to, citizens of ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- For undergraduate and diploma program candidates must be, ages of 18-25 and must not exceed the age of 35 for postgraduate degree programs on the 31 July 2020.
- The scholarship program is NOT open to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- The scholarship recipients will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam after the completion of the program.
Students of ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam), OIC (Afghanistan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Uganda, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros,Egypt, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Gambia, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan,Nigeria, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Seychelles, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan,United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen), Commonwealth Member Countries Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bangladesh, Belize, Gambia, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, St Helena, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Rwanda, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Pakistan, Vanuatu, St Kitts and Nevis, The Grenadines, and St VincentSt Lucia, Samoa, Sierra Leone,Namibia, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Virgin Islands (British) and Zambia) and others countries can apply for the opportunities.
The applicants may be required to give the interview at such locations as may be determined by the institutions offering the programs. And sit a written examination to assess language proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic.
Benefits of the Program
Fully Funded Scholarships of Government of Brunei Darussalam will cover the following expenses:
- The award will provide exemptions from paid tuition fees including admission, examination, registration and orientation fees.
- An Economy Class Round Airfare to/from Brunei Darussalam
- A Monthly Allowance of BND$500.00
- Monthly allowance for the meal of BND$150.
- An annual allowance for the books of BND$600.
- Accommodation at the residential college of the university.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance Cover for the whole duration of the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Fill the application form here.
- The application form must be completed and supported by the Ministry of External Affairs or National Center Point for the scholarship of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants also need to submit a security clearance statement from their national security agencies police station. Like statement/report certifying that the applicants are clear of any civil and criminal charges.
- After completion of application forms, email it to the given address within the deadline: [email protected]
- Conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this scholarship program
- Comply with the rules and regulations of their university/polytechnic
- Respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam
- Follow all laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam and avoiding engaging in political activities
- Undergoing health tests in Brunei Darussalam, as deemed necessary by the Foreign Ministry.
- Completed scholarship application form
- Copy of passport/ID
- Copies of transcripts/diplomas
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- The CV (Curriculum Vitae)
14 February 2020