Institution: University of Maryland
Start Date: February 19, 2018
The University of Maryland is proud to offer a free online course termed as “Surviving Disruptive Technologies (On Demand)”.This course is available for individuals and organizations. In this course, you will learn about the general model of survival and use it to analyze companies and industries that have failed or are close to failing. The starting date of the course is February 19, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Subject: Disruptive Technologies
- Institution: University of Maryland
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on February 19, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: The University of Maryland, College Park is a public research university located in the city of College Park in Prince George’s County, Maryland. The University of Maryland is the largest university in the state and the largest in the Washington metropolitan area, with a fall 2016 enrollment of more than 39,000 students, as well as over 100 undergraduate majors and 120 graduate programs.
- The mission of University: The mission of the University of Maryland is to provide excellence in teaching, research, and service. The University educates students and advances knowledge in areas of importance to the State, the nation, and the world.
- This course is available for individuals and organizations to survive when confronted with disruptive technologies that threaten their current way of life.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The importance of the subject is that you will learn about the reasons for the decline of firms and industries and you can begin to understand how to keep the same thing from happening to them.
- Your Career Option: After successfully completing the course you can build your career in the following:
- Data Scientist
- Software Development Engineer II
- Lead Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay ₹ 1836 for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course:
- WEEK 1-1
A Model and framework to help understand disruptive technologies.
1.2- Some examples of companies that were not able to survive disruptive technologies.
- WEEK 2- 1
A company that did not survive and its disruptor.
2.2– Another story of disruption and a summary of our examples.
- WEEK 3- 1
Newspapers are an important component of a democratic society; the Internet threatens them in a number of ways.
3.2– Social media has transformed the way people relate to each other, but it has a disruptive component that is worrying.
- WEEK 4– 4.1
Two companies in this module are private and are very successful; a quasi-public agency has a hard time competing with them and their technology.
13– Conclusions about disruption.
14– Suggestions for how to respond to a disruptive technology.
15– Survival in the physical world.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Look at a general model of survival and use it to analyze companies and industries.
- Develop a strategy for survival in a world
Who Will You Learn With
- Hank C. Lucas- Henry C. Lucas, Jr. is the Robert H. Smith Professor of Information at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, the University of Maryland.
You can refer these books:
- Disruptive Technologies: Understand, Evaluate, Respond by Paul Armstrong.
- The innovator’s dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen.
- Big Data Analytics: Disruptive Technologies for Changing the Game by Arvind Sathi.
- Business Innovation and Disruptive Technology by Nicholas D Evans.
- Importance of Course: At the end of this course you’ll be able to develop a strategy for survival in a world confronting one disruptive technology after another.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: