Institution: University of Maryland
Start Date: May 14, 2018.
The University of Maryland is proud to offer a free online course termed as “Surviving Disruptive Technologies (On Demand)”.The purpose of this course is to help individuals and organizations survive when confronted with disruptive technologies that threaten their current way of life
In this course, you will learn about the general model of survival and use it to analyze companies and industries that have failed or are close to failing. By highlighting the reasons for the decline of firms and industries, participants can begin to understand how to keep the same thing from happening to them. The starting date of the course is May 14, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Subject: Disruptive Technologies
- Institution: University of Maryland
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on May 14, 2018.
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Maryland, College Park is a public research university located in the city of College Park in Prince George’s County, Maryland. The University of Maryland is the largest university in the state.
- This course is available for individuals and organizations to survive when confronted with disruptive technologies that threaten their current way of life.
Where Could This Lead You
After successfully completing the course you can build your career in the following:
- Planning Analyst
- Associate Manager
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay $29 USD for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself here.
- WEEK 1-1
A Model and framework to help understand disruptive technologies.
1.2- Some examples of companies that were not able to survive disruptive technologies.
- WEEK 2- 1
A company that did not survive and its disruptor.
2.2– Another story of disruption and a summary of our examples.
- WEEK 3- 1
Newspapers are an important component of a democratic society; the Internet threatens them in a number of ways.
3.2– Social media has transformed the way people relate to each other, but it has a disruptive component that is worrying.
- WEEK 4– 4.1
Two companies in this module are private and are very successful; a quasi-public agency has a hard time competing with them and their technology.
13– Conclusions about disruption.
14– Suggestions for how to respond to a disruptive technology.
15– Survival in the physical world.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Look at a general model of survival and use it to analyze companies and industries.
- Develop a strategy for survival in a world
Who Will You Learn With
- Hank C. Lucas- Professor of Information at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland.
- Importance of Course: At the end of this course you’ll be able to develop a strategy for survival in a world confronting one disruptive technology after another.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now