Institution: Chalmers University of Technology
Start Date: August 1, 2018
The Chalmers University of Technology is offering ‘Road Traffic Safety in Automotive Engineering’ free online course. This course is for students or professionals who have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar. This course teaches you the fundamentals of active safety (systems for avoiding crashes or reducing crash consequences) as well as passive safety (systems for avoiding or reducing injuries). You can enroll in this course by August 1, 2018.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 10 to 20 hours per week
- Subject: Engineering
- Institution: Chalmers University of Technology
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: August 1, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: the Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university. Founded in 1829, and situated in Gothenburg, Sweden, Chalmers has 11,000 full-time students and 3,000 employees.
- The mission of University: The mission of the Chalmers University of Technology Chalmers shall be an outward-looking university of technology with a global appeal that conducts internationally recognized education and research linked to a professional innovation process.
- This course is for students or professionals who have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Students who have an interested in a future in the vehicle industry or in road design and traffic engineering.
- It’s also of value for people already working in these areas who want better insight into safety issues.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: In this subject, you will learn about the scientific and engineering methods that are used in the development and assessment of traffic safety and vehicle safety.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering your future in this area, you may build your career in the following fields:
- Senior Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Automotive Embedded
- Senior Software Engineer
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($ 200 USD)
- Official and approved: Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share: Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure: Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course:
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Current and next means to reduce traffic-related fatalities and injuries
- Car structure design and crash configuration influence on the vehicle occupant loading
- Principles of future integrated safety systems
- Human body biomechanical and physiological response
- Simulations for crash safety assessment
- Importance of active preventive safety and the complexity of the driver/vehicle/environment (DVE) system
- Sensor principles and the design and functions of current active safety systems
Who Will You Learn With
- Mats Svensson: Professor Mats Svensson, has more than 30 years of experience in Injury Prevention, He finalized his PhD-thesis on neck injury biomechanics, including animal testing, dummy development, and seat design.
You can refer these books:
- A Text Book of Automobile Engineering by R.K. Rajput
- Road Vehicle Dynamics: Fundamentals and Modeling by Georg Rill
- The Science of Vehicle Dynamics: Handling, Braking, and Ride of Road and Race Cars by Massimo Guiggiani
- Automobile Mechanical and Electrical Systems by Tom Denton
- Importance of Course: This course teaches the concepts of crash protective systems, collision avoidance, and safe automated driving.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: