Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: November 20, 2017
The Harvard University is providing you a free online course name as “Windows Server 2016 Security Features”. In this course, you’ll learn how it actively contributes to securing your infrastructure. See how protections were built to mitigate an array of attack vectors and to deal with the overall threat of ongoing attacks inside the datacenter. You’ll get a guided tour and learn to better safeguard against security breaches. You will explore ways to configure network security, including firewalls, and look at secure virtualization, like encryption-supported virtual machines. This course will start on November 20, 2017.
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Commitment: 2-4 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on November 20, 2017
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services. Microsoft Corporation’s success as a global computer technology company is founded on the fulfillment of its mission statement and vision statement.
- Mission of University: Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission statement reflects the company’s vision statement on its computer technology and software business. Microsoft Corporation’s vision statement is “to help individuals and businesses realize their full potential.
- No prior programming experience is needed.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Windows Server is a group of operating systems designed by Microsoft that supports enterprise-level management, data storage, applications, and communications. Previous versions of Windows Server have focused on stability, security, networking, and various improvements to the file system.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- System Engineer
- Server Level Engineer
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Hardening of Windows Server 2016
- Hardware requirements for Secure Boot
- Credential Guard
- Device Guard – Code Integrity -App Locker
- Windows Defender Anti-malware
- Guidance on Disabling System Services on Windows Server 2016
Configuring Network Security
- Host Firewall
- Distributed Firewall
- SMB Security with 3.1.1
- Shielded VMs
- Encryption supported VMs
- Guarded Fabric
- Group Policy
- Enhanced Windows Logs
- Advance Threat Analytics (ATA)
- Privileged Access Management
- Remote Credential Guard
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- The current nature of the security threat landscape
- New security architecture and features of Windows Server 2016 that mitigate threats
- Insights into the security services bundled with Windows Server 2016 latest edition
- Knowledge of the supporting security external infrastructure
- Understanding of the new security features of Hyper-V
- Learn about Desired State Configuration (DSC)
Who Will You Learn With
- Philip E. Helsel: Philip Helsel is a Senior Content Developer on the Microsoft Learning team, where he is currently focused on building IT Professional courses for Windows 10, Hyper-V, and Configuration Manager. He is also the planner for a new Microsoft Virtual Academy Enterprise Security channel.
- Kimberly Rasmusson-Anderson: Kimberly is a Senior Content Developer on the Microsoft Learning team. She is responsible for building IT Professional courses. She is also the project manager for a new Microsoft Virtual Academy Enterprise Security channel.
- Orin Thomas: Orin Thomas is an MVP, a Microsoft Regional Director, an MCT, and has a string of Microsoft MCSE and MCITP certifications. He has written more than 3 dozen books for Microsoft Press on topics including Windows Server, Windows Client, Azure, System Center, Exchange Server, Security, and SQL Server. He is an author at PluralSight and is a candidate for the Doctor of Information Technology program at Charles Sturt University.
You can refer these books:
- Windows Server 2016: The Administrator’s Reference by William R. Stanek, William R., Jr. Stanek
- Mastering Windows Server 2016by Jordan Krause
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will take a deep dive into the new layers of protection built into Windows Server 2016. Learn to further safeguard against security breaches by blocking malicious attacks and enhancing the security of your virtual machines, applications, and data.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now