Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: August 29, 2017
Microsoft is glad to announce you a free online course named as “Windows Server 2016: Advanced Storage”. In this course, you will learn storage solutions that you can implement in your organization. You will also learn how Windows Server 2016 storage solutions help you improve performance, optimize and reduce the cost of storage. The course will help you:
- Improve your skills in implementing a storage infrastructure
- Decide if a career in IT is for you
- Prepare for an introductory job in Windows Server administration
- Study for Microsoft certification tests and badges
This course will start on August 29, 2017.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment:3-4 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session:Starts on August 29, 2017
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services.
- Mission of University: Microsoft Corporation’s mission is “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
- General understanding of storage technologies.
- Windows PowerShell will be the preferred tool when implementing features in this course.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Microsoft Servers (previously called Windows Server System) is a brand that encompasses Microsoft’s server products. This includes the Windows Server editions of the Microsoft Windows operating system itself, as well as products targeted at the wider business market.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- Technical Support Executive (Technician)
- Senior Engineer – Systems
- Senior Systems Engineer, Windows
- Analyst, IT Operations – Server Tech
- System/Network Administrator
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable:Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Students will gain skills:
- How to implement iSCSI storage, Data Deduplication, and Storage Spaces
- How to use Distributed File System, and BranchCache
- How to implement basic and advanced failover clustering workloads
Who Will You Learn With
- Tony Jamieson: Tony is a Content Developer for Microsoft with over 15 years specializing in IT professional online training.
- Cynthia Staley: Cindy is a Senior Content Developer for Microsoft specializing in Windows Server IT professional online training.
You can cite these books:
- Mastering Windows Server 2016 by Jordan Krause
- Windows Server 2016 Inside Out (includes Current Book Service) by Orin Thomas
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will understand Windows Server 2016 storage solutions help you improve performance, optimize and reduce the cost of storage.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: