Institution: University of Pennsylvania
Start Date: July2, 2018
Improve your marketing skills with this free online course named “Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content” provided by the University of Pennsylvania. This course explains how things catch on and help you apply these ideas to be more effective at marketing.
In this course, you will learn how to make ideas stick, how to increase your influence, how to generate more word of mouth. This course will help you how to use the power of social networks to spread information and influence. The starting date of this course is July 2, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Subject: Business
- Institution: University of Pennsylvania
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on July 2, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn) is a private university, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. A member of the Ivy League, Penn is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Product Marketing Manager
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay $75 USD for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course:
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1
What Makes Ideas Sticky: In this module, you’ll start to learn what makes products, ideas, and behaviors contagious; in other words, why they catch on. You’ll explore the science behind why some things become popular while others fail.
- WEEK 2
How Social Influence Shapes Behavior: In this module, you’ll examine how social influence shapes everything people do: from the products we buy and candidates we vote for to the food we like and careers we pursue.
- WEEK 3
The Power of Word of Mouth: This module will teach you about the power of word of mouth. You’ll learn why word of mouth, or person to person communication, is 10 times as effective as traditional advertising. Further, you’ll discover why some products or ideas get talked about more than others.
- WEEK 4
Social Networks: In this module, you’ll learn what social networks are, and how they shape the spread of information and influence. How the patterns of social ties between people determine what we do, and what catches on. How people we’ve never even met can influence our tastes and preferences.
By the end of this course, you’ll able to:
- Use the power of social networks to spread information and influence.
- Use buzz to create virality so that your campaigns become more shareable on social media and elsewhere.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Jonah Berger: Associate Professor at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Importance of Course: By the end of this course, you’ll have a better understanding of how to craft contagious content, build stickier messages, and get any product, idea, or behavior to catch on.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now