Institution: University of Groningen
Start Date: April 9, 2018
Get to grips with the General Data Protection Regulation with this free online course entitled as “Understanding the General Data Protection Regulation” provided by the University of Groningen. The course is specifically developed for professionals working for companies, public authorities and bodies, students and anyone who wishes to know more about data protection.
This course aims at improving data protection for individuals across the EU, will become directly applicable. In this course, you will learn about the first steps for making your organization compliant and can immediately start taking them. The starting date of this course is April 9, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Data Science
- Institution: University of Groningen
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on April 9, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course:
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, in the north of the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1614 and is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands as well as one of its largest.
The course is specifically developed for professionals working for companies, public authorities and bodies, students, and anyone who wishes to know more about data protection and the GDPR, especially those handling personal data.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Data Privacy Consultant
- Data Privacy Executive
Get Extra Benefits
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $109 you’ll get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
How to Join This Course:
You can register yourself here
- General principles and basic concepts of the GDPR
- Key actors under the GDPR and their role
- Rights of data subjects
- Obligations of data controllers and processors and law compliance measures
- Enforcement and compliance mechanisms
- Liabilities and sanctions
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify the main positions of the GDPR, including key concepts, principles and data protection roles.
- Explore rights of data subjects and their relevance in daily life.
- Investigate obligations of data controllers and processors and related steps that need to be taken for complying with the GDPR.
- Evaluate enforcement and compliance mechanisms and international data transfers under the GDPR.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Evgeni Moyakine: Postdoctoral research fellow at University of Groningen
- Melania Tudorica: Ph.D. researcher at the University of Groningen
- Bo Zhao: Senior research fellow at University of Groningen
- Jonida Milaj-Weishaar: Assistant professor at University of Groningen
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will explore data subjects’ rights, data controllers’ and processors’ obligations and enforcement and compliance notions in the context of the regulation.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now