Institution: IE Business School
Start Date: July 19, 2018
The IE Business School is welcoming applicants for its free online course entitled as “Understanding economic policymaking”. This course will employ a non-technical approach to analyze how governments use policy to influence a country’s economy.
In this course, you will discuss national debts and deficits, examine fiscal and monetary policy and their appropriateness to the situation of an economy and anticipate the results of fiscal and monetary policies. This course will start on July 19, 2018.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 8 hours
- Subject: Social Sciences
- Institution: IE Business School
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on July 19, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The IE Business School is a graduate school located in Madrid, Spain. IE Business School runs MBA, Executive MBA, master’s degree programs in finance and management, executive education programs, Ph.D. and DBA programs.
- No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay ₹1,944 for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1: Macroeconomy Overview
You are surrounded by news and commentary on the macroeconomy. To understand it, you need to grasp the meaning of GDP, inflation, and unemployment and see what their “normal” levels are and how they relate to one another.
- WEEK 2: The Fiscal Policy Tool
Welcome to Module 2! You will be going into fiscal policy, which is one of the key tools that authorities have to influence the economy and bring GDP closer to its ideal growth rate.
- WEEK 3: Deficits, Debts, Myths, and Realities
This module will look at the US and other leading economies in recent years to answer these questions, clear up some common misconceptions, and point to what the most important concerns are with deficits and debts at the present time.
- WEEK 4: Monetary Policy
Welcome to Module 4! This week you’re tackling a fascinating issue, which is monetary policy, and you anticipate some very interesting debates. Monetary policy is the other main tool that governments can use to influence the economy.
- WEEK 5: Combining Policies and Other Policy Tools
Welcome, Courserians, to our fifth module in the Understanding Economic Policy course! You will explore what happens as fiscal and monetary policies interact in the real economy. Additionally, economic decision-makers have two other policies that they can use to influence the economy, which is exchange-rate policy and structural policy.
- WEEK 6: Policymaking in the Wake of the Financial Crisis
You are now in the last module of our Understanding Economic Policymaking course! Having reviewed the theory behind economic policymaking, course devotes the last module to discovering what policymakers are actually doing in the leading developed countries of the world.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss national debts and deficits
- Examine fiscal and monetary policy
- Develop your own position in many current economic debates,
Who Will You Learn With?
- Gayle Allard- Professor of Economic Environment and Country Analysis at IE Business School
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will be able to develop your own position in many current economic debates, such as fiscal stimulus vs. austerity, the merits of quantitative easing,
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now