Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Start Date: August 15, 2017
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is glad to announce you a free online course entitled as “u.lab: Leading Change in Times of Disruption”.In this course, you will discover how awareness based systems change and a method of learning from the emerging future allow individuals, organizations, and communities to turn ideas into real world change. You will learn how to lead change in social systems by exploring two root questions of creativity:
- Who is my Self?
- What is my Work?
This course will start on August 15, 2017.
- Duration: 1 week
- Commitment: 1-2 hours to complete entire course
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session:Starts on August 15, 2017
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Massachusetts Institute of Technology — a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861 — is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century
- Mission of University: The mission of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. We are also driven to bring knowledge to bear on the world’s great challenges.
No prior programming experience is needed.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: This course is an introduction to a method called Theory U, developed at MIT, for leading such change in business, government, and civil society contexts worldwide.
- Your Career Option: After successfully completing the course you can build your career in the following:
- Platform Support Engineer – Telco Platform
- Executive RA – Global Product Compliance
- Product Manager – Telco Platform
- Senior Manager Data Analytics
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($49)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable:Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Basics of Theory U
- The leadership knows that matters most: self-knowledge
Who Will You Learn With
- Otto Scharmer: Otto is a Senior Lecturer at MIT, a Thousand Talents Program Professor at Tsinghua University, and co-founder of the Presencing Institute. He also chairs the MIT IDEAS program for cross-innovation in China and Indonesia.
- Adam Yukelson: Adam Yukelson is an Action Research Fellow at the Presencing Institute. In addition to co-facilitating and leading the design of U.Lab, he helps deliver Presencing Institute Labs that aim to create more sustainable and inclusive economies.
- Dayna Cunningham: Dayna is Executive Director of the Community Innovators Lab (CoLab) at MIT. Dayna was previously an Associate Director at the Rockefeller Foundation and has also worked as a voting rights lawyer with the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
- Kelvy Bird: Kelvy is a graphic facilitator specializing in the systemic mapping of content within collaborative and multi-stakeholder environments.
- Julie Arts: Julie is an economist, working internationally as a Theory U practitioner, designing and hosting multi-stakeholder transition processes and leadership programs. Her recent work has focused on improving the quality of life for people with disabilities in Belgium, developing innovative solutions for water quality in The Netherlands, an OD change process for Trager International and a 1-year Climate Change Leadership program in Burundi, Africa.
- Arawana Hayashi: Arawana’s pioneering work as a choreographer, performer and educator are deeply sourced in collaborative improvisation. She currently heads the creation of Social Presencing Theater (SPT) for the Presencing Institute.
- Lili Xu Brandt: Lili Xu Brandt facilitates innovation. She enjoys exploring the dynamic tension between entrepreneurial and systemic forces by enabling deeper individual and collective creativity in community contexts in China and beyond.
- Martin Kalungu-Banda: Martin is a consultant in organization and leadership development, a facilitator of innovation and change; trainer, coach, and author. He is faculty for the Presencing Institute, and for HSBC Next Generation Development, HRH Duke of Edinburgh’s Commonwealth Study Conference for Leaders, and University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
You can invoke these books:
- Theory U: Leading from the Future as It Emergesby Otto Scharmer, Peter Senge
- Theory U: Leading from the Future as It Emergesby Otto Scharmer
- Importance of Course: At the end of this business and management course, you will learn the basics of Theory U, an approach to leading profound change that has been developed by action researchers at MIT, and practiced by leaders around the world, for over 20 years.
- Importance of Certificate: You can get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain. You can prove your success when applying for jobs or courses and display on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now