Institution: Hanyang University
Start Date: March 12, 2018
Hanyang University gives you a chance to join the free online course named as Thermodynamics in Energy Engineering. This free online course introduces the basic thermodynamic principles that are widely used in many engineering fields. It will prepare you for degree-level study, by helping you understand and apply thermodynamic fundamentals through real-world, problem-solving exercises. Hurry up the course is going to start on March 12, 2018.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Engineering
- Institution: Hanyang University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on March 12, 2018
- Requirement: Should have basic knowledge of chemistry and physics
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Since its establishment in 1939 as South Korea’s first engineering institute, Hanyang University has been a major driving force behind Korea’s development. Labeled as the ‘Engine of Korea’, Hanyang is one of the most highly regarded research universities in the nation.The university has three campuses: the main campus in Seoul, the second in Ansan, and a cyber university.
- The mission of University: The Office of International Affairs(OIA) was established for the purpose of fostering favorable international relations between Hanyang University and various academic organizations around the world. OIA plays a crucial role in fostering ties on both generals to specific levels, ranging from the conclusion of inter-university agreements to the hosting of international students and faculty.
- This course is designed for anyone who wants to know more about thermodynamics and the behavior of energy in our world. You will need a basic knowledge of chemistry and physics
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Thermodynamics is concerned with heat and work, and the conversion of energy between the two. The course will introduce two important laws of nature that govern this conversion – the first and second laws of thermodynamics – and discuss the usefulness of energy and entropy functions in relation to them.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards Thermodynamics in Energy Engineering. Some career points are:
- Research & Development Engineer
- Senior Thermal Engineer
- Analyst: Energy Efficiency Analytics
Get Extra Benefits
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
- Unlimited Access- Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course. If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
- Take the course at your own pace
- Refer to the material at any point in future
- A Certificate Of Achievement- Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
- Prove your success when applying for jobs or courses
- Celebrate your hard work
- Display on your Linkedin or CV
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag #FLthermodynamicsto join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to learn:
- Discuss the usefulness of energy and entropy functions
- Explore the influence of physical variables on the change of energy and entropy functions
- Understand the first and second laws of thermodynamics
Who Will You Learn With
- Yun Jung Lee: She is a professor of the Department of Energy Engineering at Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea.
You can refer these books:
- Engineering Thermodynamics by – P. K. Nag
- A Textbook of Engineering Thermodynamics by – R.K. Rajput
- Importance of Course: By the end of the course, you will be comfortable discussing the laws of thermodynamics and how they govern the largest thermodynamic system of all – the Universe. You may think that engineering theory is difficult to understand, but this course will help you master it with ease, through examples from your everyday lives.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now