Institution: University of Kent
Start Date: Available now
Improve your performance in endurance sports with this free online course named as “The Science of Endurance Training and Performance” provided by the University of Kent. This course is designed for anyone with an interest in taking up an endurance sport or who is training for an endurance challenge ahead.
In this course, you will learn about the science behind endurance sports training and performance, including effective preparation and rehabilitation. You will learn with sports scientists from the Endurance Research Group (ERG) at Kent’s School of Sport and Exercise Sciences. The course is ongoing.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 4 hours per week
- Subject: Sports
- Institution: University of Kent
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course:
The University of Kent is a research-led university with 24 schools and 40 specialist research centers spanning the sciences, technology, medical studies, the social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- This course is designed for anyone with an interest in taking up an endurance sport or who is training for an endurance challenge ahead.
- It will also be relevant to athletes, coaches, and sports scientists, as well as prospective sports science students.
- No previous experience is necessary.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Sports teacher
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain (Upgrade – $94)
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
How to Join This Course:
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLendurance to talk about this course on social media.
Following topics you will cover:
- Fatigue and pain
- Respiratory health
- Endurance injuries and rehabilitation
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore the science behind effective endurance training methods.
- Evaluate pre-, during, and post-exercise recommendations to support endurance performance and to protect the athlete from illness.
- Discuss psychological preparation for endurance sports.
- Explain how the concepts of fatigue and pain relate to endurance training.
- Investigate respiratory health, including normal and abnormal airway responses to exercise.
- Explore injuries in endurance sport and how they can be treated and rehabilitated.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Lucy Hale: Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Nutrition at the University of Kent.
- Glen Davison: Senior Lecturer in Sports Science at the University of Kent.
- Importance of Course: At the end, of course, you will able to explore the science behind effective endurance training methods.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now