Institution: National University of Cordoba
Start Date: Available now
Get an introduction to the theories of language learning by this free online course named as “The Art of Teaching Foreign Languages to Young Learners”, offered by the National University of Cordoba. The course is aimed at teachers who want to include foreign languages in their lesson planning.
In this course, you’ll learn about the pedagogical foundations and methodological considerations that underpin teaching languages to children. With the theory under your belt, you’ll start planning lessons, design tasks and resources for children. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours
- Subject: Teaching
- Institution: National University of Cordoba
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The National University of Cordoba (UNC) is a tuition-free public university funded by the Argentine government. Founded in 1613, it is the oldest university in Argentina and one of the most prestigious.
The course is aimed at teachers who want to include foreign languages in their lesson planning. It will also be of interest to anyone interested in teaching languages to young people.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($89)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
In this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Characterising a young learner
- Foreign language teaching: pedagogical foundations and methodological considerations
- Fostering intercultural understanding through multimodal communication
- Designing contextualized instruction: lesson planning, tasks, strategies, and resources
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the developmental traits of children between ages 4 and 12.
- Demonstrate the understanding of foundational notions of language teaching through the planning of a full lesson and the design of tasks for intercultural understanding.
- Reflect on various aspects of the teaching of foreign languages to young learners.
- Engage with children in a creative way.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Pablo Requena: Assistant Professor of Spanish and language teaching methods at the University of Montana and the National University of Cordoba
- Susana Liruso: Methods lecturer and teacher trainer at Facultad de Lenguas, National University of Córdoba
- Importance of Course: You’ll understand the developmental traits of children between the ages of four and twelve.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now