The TU Delft and Wageningen University & Research are announcing their free online course named as “Sustainable Urban Development: Discover Advanced Metropolitan Solutions”. This course is for those who are interested in the challenges of the 21st-century metropolitan regions.
In this course, you will discover possible solutions for your city’s challenges and what it takes to implement these solutions. Your participation will also contribute to wider research into metropolitan regions as complex systems. You may join the course at your own pace.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Commitment: 4 to 6 hours per week
- Subject: Social Sciences
- Institution: TU Delft & Wageningen University & Research
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Delft University of Technology also known as TU Delft is the largest and oldest Dutch public technological university, located in the Netherlands. It counts as one of the best universities for engineering and technology worldwide, typically seen within the top 20.
- No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
- If you are interested in the challenges of the 21st-century metropolitan regions and how these can be solved from within the city and by its inhabitants, then this Sustainable Urban Development course is for you.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Urban designer
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($ 49 USD)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects.
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn.
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course.
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to understand:
- The most relevant challenges that metropolitan regions are facing
- How you can respond to these challenges
- Examples of sustainable, metropolitan interventions and solutions
- How to critically reflect on and engage in the sustainable cities debate
- Innovative solutions for your own urban living environment
Who Will You Learn With?
- Arjan van Timmeren- Professor of the Chair in Environmental Technology & Design at TU Delft
- Huub HM Rijnaarts- Professor in Environment and Water Technology at Wageningen University & Research
- Mariette Overschie-Lecturer of Engineering for Sustainable Development and Technology Assessment at TU Delft
- Marc Player: Researcher and Lecturer at the Urban System Engineering group
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will able to understand why cities are key in resolving global urbanization and sustainability challenges.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.