Institution: Wageningen University & Research
Start Date: At your own pace
Learn how to solve the ‘Rubik’s cube’ of systems thinking with this free online course named as“Sustainable Food Security: The value of systems thinking”. This course is offered by the Wageningen University & Research.
After successful completion of both practice and graded assignments related to this course, you will:
- Understand the complexity and diversity of food production systems
- Understand the principles of system analysis and apply it to environmental issues in food production
- Understand evaluation methods for the environmental impact of food production systems in different contexts and levels (eg farm, regional and global) Be able to evaluate the environmental aspects of environmental sustainability
- Be able to contribute to a discussion about environmental sustainability and food production and ask relevant questions
You may join the course at your own pace.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 8 to 10 hours per week
- Subject: Biology and natural sciences
- Institution: Wageningen University & Research
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Wageningen University & Research is a Dutch public university in Wageningen, Netherlands. It consists of Wageningen University and the former agricultural research institutes of the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture.
The course is available for students who want to acquire knowledge about environmental sustainability and the way to think systems in decision making in the complexity of food production.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Food Production Associate
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 3356 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- The concept of environmental sustainability and identify the main issues associated with food production
- The basics of systems thinking and understanding how the different aspects of a system influence one another and how a system itself is affected by its context
- The relevance of crop and livestock production for environmental sustainability
- The environmental indicators and how to measure the environmental impact of food production at farm, village or regional level
- Decision-making and life assessment assessment
- Helpful tools and their strong and weak points
Who Will You Learn With?
- Gerrie van de Ven: Plant Production Systems Group, Wageningen University & Research
- IJM de Boer: Lead, Animal Production Systems, Wageningen University & Research
- Carolien Kroeze: Professor, Environmental Systems Analysis Group, Wageningen University & Research
- Eddie Bokkers: Associate Professor, Animal Production Systems, Wageningen University & Research
- Martin van Ittersum: Professor, Plant Production Systems, Wageningen University & Research
- Importance of Course: This environmental studies course enables participants to apply the principles of a systems approach to food production with a focus on environmental sustainability.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now