Institution: Yonsei University
Start Date: July 23, 2018
Grab the opportunity to be a part of Yonsei University by joining its free online course en entitled “Spatial Data Science and Applications”. This course is designed to present a firm understanding of spatial data science to the learners, who would have a basic knowledge of data science and data analysis.
In this course, you will learn the four disciplines one by one from the principle to applications. This course could make learners realize the value of spatial big data. The starting date for this course is July 23, 2018.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Subject: Data Science
- Institution: Yonsei University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on July 23, 2018
- Requirement: Basic knowledge of data science and data analysis.
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course:
Yonsei University is a private research university in Seoul, South Korea. It is one of Korea’s three SKY universities, considered the most prestigious in the country. Yonsei was established in 1885 and is one of the oldest universities in South Korea.
This course is designed to present a firm understanding of spatial data science to the learners, who would have a basic knowledge of data science and data analysis.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Data Scientist
- Spatial (GIS) Analyst
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay ₹1,944 for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course:
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1:
Understanding Spatial Data Science: The first module of “Spatial Data Science and Applications” is entitled to “Understanding of Spatial Data Science.” This module is composed of four lectures. The first lecture “Introduction to spatial data science” was designed to give learners a solid concept of spatial data science.The second, third, and fourth lectures focus on “what is spatial special? – Unique aspects of spatial data science from three perspectives of business, technology, and data, respectively.
- WEEK 2:
Solution Structures of Spatial Data Science Problems: The second module is entitled to “Solution Structures of Spatial Data Science Problems”, which is composed of four lectures and will give learners an overview of academic subjects, software tools.
- WEEK 3
Geographic Information System (GIS): The third module is “Geographic Information System (GIS)”, which is one of the four disciplines for spatial data science. The rest of the lectures will cover the five layers of GIS, one by one.
- WEEK 4
Spatial DBMS and Big Data Systems: The fourth module is entitled to “Spatial DBMS and Big Data Systems”, which covers two disciplines related to spatial data science, and will make learners understand how to use DBMS and Big Data Systems to manage spatial data and spatial big data.
- WEEK 5
Spatial Data Analytics: The fifth module is entitled to “Spatial Data Analytics”, which is one of the four disciplines related to spatial data science. Spatial Data Analytics could cover a wide spectrum of spatial analysis methods, however, in this module, only some portion of spatial data analysis methods will be covered.
- WEEK 6
Practical Applications of Spatial Data Science: The sixth module is entitled to “Practical Applications of Spatial Data Science”, in which five real-world problems are introduced and corresponding solutions are presented with step-by-step procedures in the solution structures and related open source software’s, discussed in Module 2.
By the end of the course you will be able:
- Learners will understand powerful aspects as well as negative potentials of cartographic representations as a communication media of spatial phenomenon.
- Learners will understand another four issues of spatial data including spatial autocorrelation, map projection, uncertainty, and modifiable areal unit problem.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Joon Heo: Professor at Yonsei University
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will realize the value of spatial big data and the power of open source software’s to deal with spatial data science problems.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the WebsiteApply Now