Institution: Middlesex University Business School
Start Date: Available now
The Middlesex University Business School, JSiE, a social innovation lab at O.P. Jindal Global University and Minca in Living international platform are offering free online course named as ‘Social Enterprise: Turning Ideas into Action”.This course is a must for anyone who wants to launch a social enterprise.
In this course, you will identify the problem your idea is trying to solve, design your social enterprise venture model and prepare to take it to market. This course is part of the Social Enterprise program, which will enable you to turn your social enterprise idea into action. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Commitment: 4 hours per week
- Subject: Social Enterprises
- Institution: Middlesex University Business School
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
For more than 130 years Middlesex University has been home to great minds with a determined and unwavering ambition to improve our world through teaching, learning, and research. Middlesex University Business School, in particular, is leading this diversity charge, with over 3,500 students and academics from the Americas, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, China and South Asia. The Business School was placed in the top 3 Business Schools in London, and since introducing the UK’s first business degree over 50 years ago.
This course is intended for anyone interested in learning more about social enterprise, including entrepreneurs, charities, and students. It helps individuals and organizations to develop innovative solutions to complex social and environmental problems. Its initiative to promote social enterprises and the social and solidarity model around the world.
Where Could This Lead You
After successfully completing the course you can build your career in the following:
- Associate L&D -Social Learning
- Program and Operations Manager
- Senior Analyst-Social Media Analyst
Get Extra Benefits
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For £59 you’ll get:
- Unlimited Access: Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course. If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- Take the course at your own pace
- Refer to the material at any point in future
- A Certificate of Achievement: Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
- Prove your success when applying for jobs or courses
- Celebrate your hard work
- A display on your LinkedIn or CV
How to Join This Course
- To join this free online course register yourself here.
- Use the hashtag#FLsocentaction to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
- Social Enterprise: Turning Ideas into Action includes a mix of theory, practical information, and case studies from around the world. You will also learn about the legal and marketing considerations as you prepare to take your idea to market.
- By the end of the course, you will develop a plan for turning your social enterprise into action and there will be a competition to find the best learner-produced plan.
By the ending of this course you will be able to:
- Explore what is required to launch a social enterprise initiative
- Identify their business problem and connect this with their idea
- Understand the legal, finance and marketing considerations of a social enterprise
- Reflect on the importance of the team and the use of technology and innovation in social enterprises
- Assess different business models for social enterprises
- Apply several tools to develop a business model
Who Will You Learn With
- Sara Calvo: Senior Lecturer at Middlesex University Business School
- Jeremy Wade: Founding Director of the Jindal Centre for Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship (JSiE)
- Andres Morales: Co-founder of Living in Minca
- Importance of Course: You will develop a plan for turning your social enterprise into action and there will be a competition to find the best learner-produced plan. The program will enable you to understand what it takes to launch and run a sustainable social enterprise.
- Importance of Certificate: You can get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain. You can prove your success when applying for jobs or courses and display on your LinkedIn or CV
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now