Institution: Yonsei University
Start Date: August 31, 2018
The Yonsei University is pleased to introduce its new free online course entitled “Smart Device & Mobile Emerging Technologies”. Since everybody uses smartphones and smartwatches, knowing the details about the most globally used electronic device will definitely help you in all aspects of new product and app design & development.
In this course, the start-of-the-art smartphone and smartwatch technology and components in addition to the global market trends and future forecasts are introduced. This course is going to start on August 31, 2018.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Subject: Information Technology
- Institution: Yonsei University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: August 31, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Yonsei University was established in 1885 and is the oldest private university in Korea. Yonsei’s main campus is situated minutes away from the economic, political, and cultural centers of Seoul’s metropolitan downtown.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($0 USD)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
WEEK 1: Mobile Business Rankings & Analysis
The first module “Smart Device & Mobile Services Rankings & Products” focuses on the future trend of smart devices and mobile services based on rankings and products, which is followed by three important forecasts
WEEK 2: Smart Devices
The second module “Smart Devices” focuses on the core technology and components of the world’s most popular smartphones (i.e., the Samsung Galaxy Note8 and Apple iPhone X) and smartwatches (i.e., Samsung Gear S3 and the Apple Watch Series 3).
WEEK 3: Mobile Communications
The third module “Mobile Communications” focuses on the evolution and core technologies of mobile communications and the corresponding mobile phones.
WEEK 4: 4G & 5G Mobile Technology
The fourth module “4G & 5G Mobile Technologies” focuses on the architecture, core technologies, and features of mobile communications 4G (fourth generation) and 5G (fifth generation) systems.
WEEK 5: Smartphone Oss
The fifth module “Smartphone OSs” focuses on the characteristics and operations of the iOS and Android smartphone OSs (Operating Systems). First, the characteristics of the iOS evolution and features of the iOS 1, 1.1, 1.1.3, 2, 2.1, 2.2, 3, 3.2, 4, 4.2.5, 4.3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 operating systems are introduced.
WEEK 6: Smartphone & Mobile Network Project
The sixth and last module “Smartphone & Mobile Network Project” focuses on methods and apps to analyze the components of smartphones and check the mobile network. In project 1, the Smartphone project, the status, and components of both Android and iPhone smartphones are tested.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
How to analyze the components of smartphones and check the mobile network.
Who Will You Learn With?
Jong-Moon Chung: Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Importance of Course: This course ends with projects that teach how to analyze the components of smart phones and check the mobile network. Consequently, this course will prepare you to be more successful in businesses strategic planning in the upcoming smart device era.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now