Institution: Harvard University
Start Date: November 1, 2017
The Harvard University is providing you a free online course name as “Readings in Global Health”. The course will examine the global response to diseases, such as the developing Zika outbreak. You will learn about the most pressing issues in global health through a series of reviews and interviews with leading experts. Students will understand:
- How do health professionals predict global patterns of disease?
- In the case of an epidemic, disaster, or armed conflict, how do experts determine what health care interventions to use?
- Is it possible to eradicate diseases like guinea worm and polio? How can health systems address their challenges?
This course will start on November 1, 2017.
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Commitment: 3-6 hours per week
- Subject: Medicine and Health
- Institution: Harvard University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on November 1, 2017
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty is engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study.
- Mission of University: Harvard University (comprising the undergraduate college, the graduate schools, other academic bodies, research centers and affiliated institutions) does not have a formal mission statement. The mission of HarvardCollege is to educate the citizens and citizen-leaders for our society.
- No prior programming experience is needed.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Global health is the health of populations in the global context; it has been defined as “the area of study, research and practice that places a priority on improving health and achieving equity in health for all people worldwide”.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- HR Intern
- Research Associate
- District Project Coordinator
- VP – Health & Safety
- Head-Environmental Health and Safety
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- The state of knowledge in key areas of global health
- An understanding of expert opinions on current controversies and challenges in global health
- How evidence is used for decision-making or priority-setting in global health
Who Will You Learn With
- David J. Hunter: David Hunter is Acting Dean of the Faculty, Dean of Academic Affairs, and Vincent L. Gregory Professor of Cancer Prevention at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. He is on the faculty of the Departments of Epidemiology and Nutrition. He received his MBBS from the University of Sydney Medical School before earning his MPH and ScD from the Harvard School of Public Health.
You can refer these books:
- Global Health 101 by Richard Skolnik
- A History of Global Health: Interventions Into the Lives of Other Peoples by Randall Packard
- Introduction to Global Health by Kathryn H Jacobsen
- Global Health Law by Larry Gostin
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will understand of expert opinions on current controversies and challenges in global health. The combined reviews constitute an up-to-date survey of global health topics from authoritative leaders in the field, covering disease patterns and predictions, infectious and non-communicable diseases, and health systems and institutional responses.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
- For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: