Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Microsoft is glad to announce you a free online course named as “Object-Oriented Programming in Java”. In this Java course, examine the role of objects in code, explore how to use them, and see how to design them for optimal code reuse and structure. Get tons of hands-on coding experience using popular Java objects, like Arrays and Lists, and then leverage those learning to design your own object hierarchies. You will learn how to apply industry-standard practices as you structure your software. This course will start on January 1, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 6 to 10 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on January 1, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services.
- Mission of University: Microsoft Corporation’s mission is “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
Students should be familiar with the basics of Java programming such as methods, parameters, returns, scope and data types.
Suggested prerequisite course:
- “Learn to Program in Java”: https://www.edx.org/course/learn-program-java-microsoft-dev276x-1
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a programming language model organized around objects rather than “actions” and data rather than logic. Historically, a program has been viewed as a logical procedure that takes input data, processes it, and produces output data.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- Software Developer Engineer I
- Software Engineer II
- Engineer III, Software
- Java Developer
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable:Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Module 1 – Using Objects
Module 2 – Building your own Objects
Module 3 – Object Inheritance
Module 4 – Capstone Project
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- How to employ single and two-dimensional arrays to store complex data
- Different implementations of the Java List interface
- Design best practices when creating your own objects from scratch
- When to properly leverage inheritance, interfaces, and abstract classes to relate objects to one another
Who Will You Learn With
Kasey Champion: Kasey Champion is a software engineer turned teacher. She graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in Electrical Engineering but worked for the Computer Science Department as a Teaching Assistant for 3 years. After graduation, she joined Microsoft as a software engineer but spent her morning’s volunteer teaching computer science at local high schools through the TEALS program.
You can refer these books:
- An introduction to programming by C. Thomas Wu
- Interactive Object-Oriented Programming in Java: Learn and Test Your Skills by Vaskaran Sarcar
- An introduction to object-oriented programming by Timothy Budd
- Importance of Course: At the end of this course you will comfortable employing industry standards in designing and managing complex relationships within a code base, as you add to your computer science skill set.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now