Institution: Wageningen University & Research Centre
Start Date: March 13, 2018
Wageningen University & Research Centre is glad to announce you a free online course named as “Nutrition and Health: Macronutrients and Overnutrition”. In this course, you will gain knowledge how to the fundamentals of nutrition and its impact on human health and how micronutrients are absorbed, stored, and metabolized for energy. You will gain a contemporary view of how different types of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins affect human health. This course will start on March 13, 2018.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 6-8 hours per week
- Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
- Institution: Wageningen University & Research Centre
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on March 13, 2018
- Requirement: Should have Knowledge of Basic Biology
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University- Wageningen University, part of Wageningen UR, is the only university in the Netherlands that specifically focuses on the theme ‘healthy food and living environment’. Student numbers have increased significantly over the last years. In 2013 students ranked Wageningen as the best university in the Reference Guide for Higher Education in the Netherlands for the ninth year in a row.
- Mission of University- Wageningen UR is a research institution that focuses on the domain ‘healthy food and living conditions’. They do not just develop top-quality expertise; they also help translate our knowledge into practice worldwide. That is why they do fundamental research all over the world. And finally, they also train professionals who, in the near and distant future, will discover breakthroughs in science and technology.
This course is especially useful for healthcare professionals and people working in the food industry with a non-nutrition background.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Eating a balanced diet is vital for good health and wellbeing. Food provides our bodies with the energy, protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals to live, grow and function properly.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards Nutrition and Health: Macronutrients and Overnutrition. Mention some career points
- Content Writer -Nutrition,Health & Fitness
- Dairy Farm Manager
- Nutritionist / Dietitian – Online E Clinic Consultation
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99 USD)
- Official and Verified-Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable-Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator-Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
- Introduction to the field of food and nutrition
- Composition of foods
- Basic chemistry of carbohydrates, fat, and protein
- How macronutrients are absorbed, stored and metabolized
- How macronutrients may impact health
- How to better weigh and interpret the information overload about nutrition and health
Who Will You Learn With
Sander Kersten: Sander Kersten is Full Professor in the Division of Human Nutrition at Wageningen University and holds an adjunct professorship in the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell University. He received his MSc in Human Nutrition from Wageningen University in 1993 and his Ph.D. from Cornell University in 1997.
Students will refer these books:
- Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
- Nutrition and physical degeneration by Weston Price
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine Shanahan
- Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
- How Not to Die by Gene Stone and Michael Greger
- Importance of Course: By completing this course, you will understand about overweight and obesity and strategies to improve and combat these problems of overnutrition.Finally, the course will make you familiar with nutritional research and research methodologies.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now