Institution: University of Zurich
Start Date: July 16, 2018
The University of Zurich is proud to offer its free online course named as “ Myocardial Infarction”. The course is designed for those who are interested to learn about the impact and mechanisms of myocardial infarction (heart attack) and how to prevent it
The course aims to approach the complex field of myocardial infarction in two respects: medical education and awareness of a broader audience. Applicants can start the course on July 16, 2018.
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Commitment: 2-4 hours/week
- Subject: Medicine and Healthcare
- Institution: University of Zurich
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: July 16, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
Founded in 1833, the University of Zurich (UZH) is Switzerland’s largest university, with a current enrollment of over 26,000 students. Made up of seven faculties covering approximately 100 different subject areas, UZH is proud to offer the most comprehensive academic program in the country.
The course is designed for a broad, general audience, patients and individuals working in the healthcare sector, or anyone who is interested to learn about the impact and mechanisms of myocardial infarction (heart attack) and how to prevent it.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹1,937)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1: Our Heart and Cardiovascular System
This first module of this course focuses on the heart and the cardiovascular system. The first lecture covers the anatomy and function of the heart, explaining the basic glossary which you will encounter during this course.
- WEEK 2: Risk Factors and Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
Whereas the first module focuses on different physiological aspects of the heart and the cardiovascular system, the second module considers several external risk factors which can cause a myocardial infarction. This module not only discusses the risks such as aging, smoking, hypertension, lipids and diabetes but also explains which preventive measures can be employed to minimize the risk of a heart attack, for example, by focusing on physical exercise to increase life expectancy and the personal health.
- WEEK 3: Acute Coronary Syndrome: Diagnosis & Early Management
This module focuses on different methods and approaches to deal with the acute coronary syndrome, which in the worst case can lead to an acute heart attack.
- WEEK 4: Acute Coronary Syndrome: Follow up and Rehabilitation
Module four illustrates the methods employed to improve cardiac rehabilitation. Moreover, this module focuses on the secondary prevention to avoid the risk of myocardial infarction. This involves the analysis of external and biological factors which can cause cardiac diseases and explains the mechanisms needed to change bad behavioral patterns.
- WEEK 5: Heart Failure: Final Stage of Coronary Heart Diseases
The last module focuses on the pathophysiological aspect of heart diseases by illustrating the chain of the cause of heart failure. The module also explains how we can diagnose a potential heart failure by correctly analyzing the clinical symptoms and signs.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Who Will You Learn With?
Prof. Thomas F. Lüscher, MD, FRCP, FESC, FACC: Professor and Director of the Cardiology Department, University Heart Center Zurich, University Hospital Zurich
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will get the understanding of behavioral risk factors, their mechanisms and impact on the cardiovascular system.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now