Institution: Open University
Start Date: February 19, 2018
Would you, or your staff, want to explore the role of human resources (HR) in this modern empowerment era then this free online course “Modern Empowerment in the Workplace” is available for you. The course is offered by Open University. The course will give you the insights to realize the benefits of modern empowerment for individuals, organizations, and society. This course enrollment begins on February 19, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Business
- Institution: The Open University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Start on February 19, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. Since it began in 1969, the OU has taught more than 1.8 million students and has almost 220,000 current students, including more than 15,000 overseas. The Open University is rated one of the best in the UK for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey and the OU is a world leader in developing technology to increase access to education on a global scale.
- The mission of University: The Open University’s mission is to be open to people, places, methods, and ideas. They promote educational opportunity and social justice by providing high-quality university education to all who wish to realize their ambitions and fulfill their potential. Through academic research, pedagogic innovation and collaborative partnership we seek to be a world leader in the design, content, and delivery of supported open learning.
- This course is designed for those currently working in or aspiring to work in human resources (HR).
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Modern Empowerment is the corporation in which Lorinda Buckingham conducts leadership business development services for individuals, businesses, and non-profits. Modern Empowerment provides services to help individuals experience freedom, balance, and faith for success!
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering your future in this area, you may build your career in the following fields:
- Manager, Activities
- Duty Manager
- Solutions Architect
- Supervisor, F&B Service
- Assistant Manager, Front Office
- Director- Centre for Knowledge and Development
Get Extra Benefits
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $94you’ll get:
- Unlimited Access: Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course. If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- Take the course at your own pace
- Refer to the material at any point in future
- A Certificate of Achievement: Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as
- Prove your success when applying for jobs or courses
- Celebrate your hard work
- Display on your Linkedin or CV
How to Join This Course
- To join for the course, you may enroll through the given link: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- You can use the hashtag #FLWorkplaceEmpowerment to talk about this course on social media.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the changing context for employee empowerment.
- Evaluate and analyze problems caused by power imbalances in employment relations and recommend solutions.
- Identify and influence others in their thinking about the effects of technological change and globalization on contemporary employment relations.
- Assess and articulate and engage with relevant professional and ethical issues in empowerment at work.
Who Will You Learn With
Peter Bloom: He is the senior lecturer and head of the Department of People and Organisations at the Open University. He publishes widely on the future of economics, politics, and empowerment.
You can refer these books:
- Empower Yourself by Miranda Kerr
- Empowerment Through Reiki by Paula Horan
- Secrets of Empowerment by Charles Gordon
- Importance of Course: At the end of this course you will identify and influence others in their thinking about the effects of technological change and globalization on contemporary employment relations.
- Importance of Certificate: You can get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain. You can prove your success when applying for jobs or courses and display on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: