Institution: King’s College London
Start Date: Available now
The King’s College is giving opportunities to apply for the free online course “Medicines Adherence: Understanding and Changing Patient Behaviour”.This course is designed for healthcare professionals with a role or interest in initiating.
In this course, you will become familiar with the COM-B framework and see examples of behavior change techniques to promote adherence. You will initiate and support behavior change in patients with medicines adherence problems – not taking their medicines as prescribed. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Commitment:3 hours per week
- Subject: Medicine & Health
- Institution: King’s College London
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The King’s College London is one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities based in the heart of London.
This course is designed for healthcare professionals with a role or interest in initiating and supporting positive medicines-taking behavior change in patients.
Where Could This Lead You
If you’re wondering your future in this area, you may build your career in the following fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $94 you’ll get:
- Unlimited Access: Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course. If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
- Take the course at your own pace
- Refer to the material at any point in future
- Access to Tests: When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose to take a course for free.
- Validate your learning
- Ensure you have mastered the material
- Qualify for a Certificate
- A Certificate of Achievement: Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as
- Prove your success when applying for jobs or courses
- Celebrate your hard work
How to Join This Course
To join for the course, you may enroll here.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Apply a framework to better understand the drivers of medicines non-adherence
- Apply techniques to effectively support behavior change in medicines taking behavior
- Reflect on how to implement these techniques in clinical practice
Who Will You Learn With
- Vivian Auyeung: Lecturer in Medicines Use in the Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, King’s College London.
- Lyndsay Hughes: Psychologist
- John Weinman: Professor of Psychology
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will deepen your awareness and understanding of current practical and theoretical issues around medicines adherence.
- Importance of Certificate: You can get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain. You can prove your success when applying for jobs or courses and display on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now