Institution: University of California, Berkeley
Start Date: February 5, 2018
The University of California, Berkeley has announced free online course named as “Marketing Analytics: Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation”. In this marketing course, you will learn about competitive analysis and market segmentation, including how to analyze and structure industries and markets to transform your marketing efforts from vague, generic attempts to laser-guided precision. You will also learn how to predict what your competitors will do next, plus how to segment markets for greater customer satisfaction and company profitability. This course will starts on February 5, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 5-7 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: The University of California, Berkeley
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on February 5, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: The University of California, Berkeley was chartered in 1868, and its flagship campus — envisioned as a “City of Learning” — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Berkeley faculty consists of 1,582 full-time and 500 part-time faculty members dispersed among more than 130 academic departments and more than 80 interdisciplinary research units. Berkeley alumni have received 28 Nobel prizes, and there are eight Nobel Laureates, 32 MacArthur Fellows, and four Pulitzer Prize winners among the current faculty.
- Mission of University: The distinctive mission of the University is to serve society as a center of higher learning, providing long-term societal benefits through transmitting advanced knowledge, discovering new knowledge, and functioning as an active working repository of organized knowledge.
Familiarity with marketing and basic operations in Microsoft Excel preferred, but not required.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Marketing analytics is the practice of measuring, managing and analyzing marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). Understanding marketing analytics allows marketers to be more efficient at their jobs and minimize wasted web marketing dollars.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- ACN – Digital- Analytics – Human Capital Analytics – 07
- Marketing Data Analyst
- Data-driven Marketing Analyst
- Assistant Manager – Marketing
- Market Research Analyst
- Social Media Marketing (SMO) Analyst
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($249USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable:Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Competitive analysis
- Market segmentation
- How to analyze and structure markets
- Application of advanced programming languages toward segmentation
Who Will You Learn With
Stephan Sorger , MBA, MS, PE: Stephan Sorger, M.B.A., M.S., PE, UC Berkeley Extension Honored Instructor, is a serial marketing executive, instructor and author. He is the vice president of strategic marketing at the consulting firm On Demand Advisors. Previously, he held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com and NASA. He has taught marketing courses at UC Berkeley Extension since 2003.
You can refer these books:
- Marketing Analytics: Data-Driven Techniques with Microsoft Excel by Wayne L. Winston
- Marketing Analytics: A Practical Guide to Real Marketing Science by Mike Grigsby
- Marketing Analytics Roadmap: Methods, Metrics, and Tools by Jerry Rackley
- Financial Market Analytics by John L. Teall
- Importance of Course: After completing this course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace. Analytics-based marketing is increasingly important in determining a company’s spending and ROI. Many entry-level positions in marketing now require some basic level of knowledge in this rapidly growing field.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
- For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: