Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Microsoft is glad to announce you a free online course named as “IT Support: Cloud Fundamentals”. This course provides a historical perspective of how IT has evolved to the point where it is now using cloud solutions. The course examines the different types of cloud solutions that are available, as well as the basics of cloud services, cloud usage models, and cloud security. The course concludes with an introduction to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365. This course will start on January 1, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 2-3 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on January 1, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services.
- Mission of University: Microsoft Corporation’s mission is “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
Basic PC knowledge
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Fundamentals of Cloud Computing Certification (Level 1) is for anyone with an IT background who is interested in understanding what Cloud Computing is. Therefore knowledge about it is necessary to make a clear and strategic plan to move applications and services to the Cloud. This is a certificate course.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- Windows System Administrator
- Officer or Sr. Officer IT (System Administrator)
- IT Services Executive
- IT Technical Support
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Examine core cloud concepts
- Review basic cloud services
- Analyze cloud usage models
- Examine cloud security basics
- Learn about Microsoft Azure as an IaaS and PaaS solution
- Learn about Microsoft Office 365 as a SaaS solution
Who Will You Learn With
- Martin Coetze: Martin Coetzer is a Senior Content Developer with the Microsoft Learning eXperiences team. He is responsible for managing the Office 365, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, Office and Dynamics certification portfolios. Prior to this Martin was a consultant with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) responsible for architecting and deploying Microsoft technologies at medium to large customers around the world.
- Pam Glazier: Pam Glazier holds a Bachelor’s degree in In British and American Literature from the University of California at Berkeley, and has been involved in technology, narrative deconstruction, and adult pedagogy for more than 15 years. She currently works as a technical writing and instructional design consultant for Cadence Preferred. She specializes in working with technical subject experts to create content that is easy for multiple global audiences to consume, understand, and learn from.
- James Seymour: James Seymour has a background in training and consulting with more than 20 years of IT industry experience focused primarily on infrastructure and messaging. Currently, he manages the Cloud Productivity team at Microsoft Learning, which builds content about Office 365 and related products, and IT Support topics.
- Tony Frink: Tony Frink is a 35 year veteran of the IT industry, with a background in ERP technologies, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Microsoft Office. He spent the first 18 years of his career in ERP software development and professional services management. He has spent the past 17 years with Microsoft and is currently a Senior Content Development Manager on the Cloud Productivity team at Microsoft Learning.
You can refer these books:
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computingby Kannammal
- Cloud Computing: Fundamentals, Industry Approach and Trends (WIND)by Rishabh Sharma
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will understand about Cloud fundamentals, including core cloud concepts, cloud usage models, cloud security basics, and cloud services, and receive an introduction to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now