Institution: Harvard University
Start Date: At your own pace
Learn about the Quran, the central sacred text of Islam through this free online course named “Islam Through Its Scriptures”, provided by Harvard University. Using a multimedia and student-centered approach, this religion provides tools and perspectives for understanding the role of the Quran in the Islamic tradition.
This course allows learners to explore the influence of the Quran on diverse Muslim understandings of Islam. Learners will develop the skills and context to read the text themselves, while also being introduced to some of the issues of classical and contemporary interpreters have addressed. You can join the course at your own pace.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 5 to 10 hours per week
- Subject: Humanities
- Institution: Harvard University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally.
No previous knowledge of Islam or Religious Studies is required.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 3356 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- An introduction to the place of the Quran in Muslim cultures
- Major themes of the Quran
- The historical and cultural contexts of the Quran
- Interpretive skills that enable a more nuanced reading of the Quran
- Diverse approaches Muslims have adopted to engaging with Quranic texts, including issues in instant interpretation
Who Will You Learn With?
Ali Asani: Professor of Indo-Muslim and Islamic Religion and Cultures, Harvard University
- Importance of Course: You will able to understand the rich diversity of roles and interpretations in Muslim societies.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now