Institution: Curtin University
Start Date: September 18, 2018
Learn how to apply software solutions for different systems with this free online course entitled “IoT Programming and Big Data”. The course is developed by the Curtin University.
This course will introduce the programming concepts that allow connection to, and implementation of some functionality on, IoT devices, using the Python programming language. The course is going to start on September 18, 2018.
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Commitment: 4 to 6 hours per week
- Subject: IT
- Institution: Curtin University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: September 18, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 56,000 students from over 130 countries.
Learners do not need prior programming experience to undertake this course, and will not learn a specific programming language – however, Python will be used for demonstrations.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 10669 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Appreciate the software needs of an IoT project
- Understand how data is managed in an IoT network
- Apply software solutions for different systems and Big Data to your IoT concept designs
- Create Python scripts to manage large data files collected from sensor data and interact with the real world via actuators and other output devices.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Johannes U. Herrmann: Senior Lecturer, Curtin University
- Aloke Phatak: Senior Lecturer, Curtin University
- Valerie Maxville: Lecturer, Curtin University
- Importance of Course: Students will learn how to use Python to process log files, such as those generated automatically by IoT sensors and other network-connected systems.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now