Institution: Taipei Medical University
Start Date: Available now
The Taipei Medical University is offering a free online course named”Introduction to Translational Research: Connecting Scientists and Medical Doctors.”Understand the emerging discipline of translational medicine and the process of taking research from ‘beachside’ to ‘bedside.
In this course, you will examine the steps from beachside (research) to bedside (clinical) – starting with identifying a disease and following on through drug development and preclinical trials. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment:2 hours per week
- Subject: Biology &Life science
- Institution: Taipei Medical University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: Basic knowledge of biology or medical practice.
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Taipei Medical University (TMU) has been a leader in Taiwan’s healthcare system for over half a century due to its research, teaching excellence, internationalization, and outstanding medical service.
This course has been designed for senior undergraduates and postgraduates, or for those with a basic knowledge of biology or medical practice.
Where Could This Lead You
If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers are:
- Medical Officer
- Training Consultant
- Research and Development Manager
- Field Application Scientist
Get Extra Benefits
- UnlimitedAccess: Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course. If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
- Take the course at your own pace
- Refer to the material at any point in future.
- access to Tests: When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose to take a course for free.
- Validate your learning
- Ensure you have mastered the material
- Qualify for a Certificate
- A Certificate of Achievement: Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as
- Prove your success when applying for jobs or courses
- Celebrate your hard work
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLtranslationalMedto talk about this course on social media.
In this course, you will cover the following topics:
- The basic principles of translational medicine
- How translational medicine has a lot of potential
- Basic knowledge of medical-related research, from drug-development, animal research, to clinical trial
- How academic scientific research and clinical scientific research can collaborate together
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the basic principle of translational medicine
- Explore more topics related to translational medicine, including drug development, animal research, and clinical trials
- Demonstrate how academic scientific research and clinical scientific research can collaborate together
- Develop learning interests in the field of translational medicine
Who Will You Learn With
- Wei-Chung Vivian Yang: Professor and Director, The D. Program for Translational Medicine, Taipei Medical University.Research interests: biomarker discovery, verifications, and clinical applications.
- Austin Changou
- Importance of Course: At the end of this free online course you will understand the basic principle of translational medicine topics related to translational medicine, including drug development, animal research, and clinical trials.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now