Institution: University of California, Davis
Start Date: September 14, 2018
The University of California is excited to offer its free online course entitled “Introduction to Search Engine Optimization”. This course is primarily aimed at people interested in SEO.
In this course, you will be introduced to the foundational elements of how search engines work, how the SEO landscape has changed and what you can expect in the future. Applicants can enroll in this course by September 14, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Subject: Business
- Institution: University of California, Davis
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: September 14, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
UC Davis, one of the nation’s top-ranked research universities, is a global leader in agriculture, veterinary medicine, sustainability, environmental and biological sciences, and technology.
This course is primarily aimed at people interested in SEO, but have limited to no knowledge of the subject. Expect to learn foundational, basic elements.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹3,357/mo)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
WEEK 1: Getting Started & Introduction to SEO
Welcome to the first week of the course! In the lessons that follow, you will discuss and define the foundational overview of SEO and explore types of careers and salary expectations within the SEO industry.
WEEK 2: Evolution of SEO
By the end of this module, you should be able to at least summarize the timeline of search engine development, as well as demonstrate an understanding of key time periods and individuals who changed the way search worked and the way humans interact with the Web.
WEEK 3: Current SEO Best Practices
The Module 3, ’ll discuss items that SEOs spend a great deal of time dealing with: SEO best practices, the algorithm updates that look for them and potential penalties for not adhering to them.
WEEK 4: SEO of Today, Tomorrow and Beyond & Course Wrap-Up
You’ve made it to Module 4! In this module, you will gain an understanding of where SEO fits into the broader digital marketing landscape.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to understand:
How to position yourself for a successful career in SEO
Who Will You Learn With?
Rebekah May: SEO Manager & Lead SEO Instructor, Lead Qual
- Importance of Course: You discuss core SEO strategies and tactics used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites, as well as tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from search engines.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now